Arcturus announced for Progpower 2011?

i don't need other people to like the music i do, but i really don't get it.

everytime i'm giving my arcturus cd's another spin i think
"my god that's great music, every rock/metal-fan should at least like most of it"

and for concerts:
if its in your hometown or near to, you cant do anything wrong.
pay like 20€, see the band(s), go to work the next day (with a big smile if it was worth it).

and if ulver play live - use your chance. they aren't unknown or small or anything.
there should be a few hundred people in a city of 1.8 million + a million around it who are willing to see it.
even if they just heard of them being good.

i think this happens everywhere.
metalhead are basically lazy, that's what i'm starting to think.
they spend a lot of money to buy cds, they have hundreds or thousands of cds/dvds/vinyls/limited edition-stuff, they know a lot of underground bands because it's cool, they keep in mind entire kilometric discographies, remembering the year, the members, the producer of each album, and such nerdy things, but when they have to remove their heavy asses from the chairs it's an hard work!
i know a lot of metalheads that do like this.
i live in a fucking desert regarding live events. if i'm lucky i have to drive one hour to the nearest place, if i'm not i've to drive 3-4 hours. and people who lives in milano or bologna, which are the capital cities of concerts, they are too lazy to walk 30 minutes, or to take the bus or to drive 10 minutes. :yuk:

ARCTURUS vocalist ICS Vortex (real name Simen Hestnæs) adds, "ProgPower USA 2011 will host the first ARCTURUS concert in five years. This is our first performance in the United States, and since we're all retarded, probably the last."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=145919

squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! *dies* :worship:notworthy:worship:

Alteredmindeath fuck you. You are an idiot. Your opinion to not like something is ok, but the way you voice is, and the fact you can hate on SS in the way you do, tells me you are a dumb piece of shit. Seriously fuck you.

I take solace in the fact you are probably a fat/ugly trve kvlt loser virgin.
^ QFT

Of course, one cannot die without seeing Arcturus once. And considering it's the first time they're in the continent of America (hehe), one has to seize that opportunity. Because Vortex said it, they're retards and they'll probably never come back :p
Since i did see them back in 2005, i can die peacefully without going to such extremes as flying over to America :tickled: Although, the fact that they are playing there warms my heart even if i won't be there. So everybody in the radius of 1000 miles *should* be there for sure! :p Best news in a long time!!! :kickass:

Out of curiosity, for which band would you do that?

hmmm that's a damn good question! I guess i won't do it for *any* band in the end, but i would certainly have considered Vintersorg the band, would mr.V ever decide to play live again! ♥

i've seen arcturus and borknagar in hamburg markthalle, germany and both had to use the smaller (tiny) stage. hellhammers drumkit used so much space that the band couldnt even move on stage (except for vortex' drunken master style movements).

on the red harvest/arcturus gig there were probably 50-100 people.

borknagar played after 'secrets of the moon' and solstafir (same stage a few years later). i looked back after banging a few minutes and saw that half of the crowd was already gone.

both gigs were really great, especially borknagars.

ulver, a few weeks ago also in hamburg, wasnt sould out. i ordered the tickets the first day available and couldnt believe there were any left a week later.

so maybe you are the people who should get the concerts, not us.

same here with last year's Borknagar gig. I for one had to spend that night on the cold train station because i had to miss the last train home in order to see Borknagar, which i thought i MUST have done before i die... At the Arcturus gig 5 years ago there were probably also 50-100 people... I wonder how many would show up now if Arcturus were to play a comeback show here in NL... :rolleyes:

ahahaha welcome back!!!!! aahahha
where have you been?
am i the only fucking idiot who hasn't gone nowhere this summer? :(

I didn't do anything this summer either. :

fiuhhh
1713.gif

i was starting to feel alone :p

see who's back!!!!! :D
*hugs*

no one noticed I was gone!!!!

WHERE'S MY WELCOME BACK PARADE!?
i would have!! if i was around that is :p where have you been then? ;)

Yeah I was gonna say that :) , where did you go? You look pretty in the new pic too.
thnx (vacation pic, too)! :oops: damn, i wasn't expecting any comeback parade here for sure... :oops: i've been in south of France for 3 weeks (kind of compensation of no vacation last year)... It wasn't too exciting so nothing to be jealous of :p though i really needed to get away from computers and to just be able of doing nothing for a couple of weeks without feeling guilty :) wandering around in the woods, climbing a mountain, swimming in a river, such things...

*hugs*

i would have!! if i was around that is :p where have you been then? ;)

thnx (vacation pic, too)! :oops: damn, i wasn't expecting any comeback parade here for sure... :oops: i've been in south of France for 3 weeks (kind of compensation of no vacation last year)... It wasn't too exciting so nothing to be jealous of :p though i really needed to get away from computers and to just be able of doing nothing for a couple of weeks without feeling guilty :) wandering around in the woods, climbing a mountain, swimming in a river, such things...

Oh sounds lovely! I guess that's how a vacation should be, to be far away from everything. I need one like that too, far away from computers and the like. I've been to Paris, it's a nice city but yuk please take out the Parisians. (There's the Brit in me talking :lol:). But I've heard people are kind in the other parts of France.

Alteredmindeath fuck you. You are an idiot. Your opinion to not like something is ok, but the way you voice is, and the fact you can hate on SS in the way you do, tells me you are a dumb piece of shit. Seriously fuck you.

I take solace in the fact you are probably a fat/ugly trve kvlt loser virgin.

:devil:you jerkoff fuck.

I've been to Paris, it's a nice city but yuk please take out the Parisians. (There's the Brit in me talking :lol:). But I've heard people are kind in the other parts of France.

nonono....everybody hates the French.
damn frog-eaters, with their flaccid R, they stole us the Monalisa! :Shedevil:

:popcorn:

In my defense I was drunk out of my fucking mind when I wrote that :lol: I have (deliberately) never really said anything like that on this forum before. Delete it if you want. And Agah, he's human like everyone else :p being in the band does not mean he can't say certain things... plus he didn't call us gay (if he did I'd have been taking your position too), just the act of shit talking online.