Arcturus announced for Progpower 2011?

hmm, apparently Norwegian bands usually don't stay dead for longer than a decade (DHG, Troll, Immortal, Emperor, The Kovenant, etc.) so I'm looking forward to the reunions of Red Harvest, Crowhead, Beyond Dawn and Manes in a couple of years!! :)

All this talk about Arcturus made me realize I haven't listened to their music for I don't know how many years ^^

They are playing a show, how good. I don't see it saying they are coming back and making an album. The last album they did was barely passible, Vortex sings out of key on it and the music is uninspired. If they do come back they are going to really have to make a better album than SS. For me the Arcturus I remember is dead, and that is the Arcturus I enjoyed the most but I wish them luck in this new formation.

Sideshow Symhponies is my least favorite Arcturus album by far, but I wouldn't say he sings out of key. But the album suffered from some massive production flaws. Not entirely the band's fault, but I blame them for not double-checking before pressing copies.
He did sing out of key when I saw them five years ago, but that was probably due to being wasted off his ass.
And he must really be retarded indeed. "First Arcturus concert in five years"? They toured Australia in 2007...

But the album suffered from some massive production flaws. Not entirely the band's fault, but I blame them for not double-checking before pressing copies.
yes. no comparison to the Sham Mirrors album.

great news anyway, looking forward to some gigs in europe! and hoping that tour will be bigger than expected.. :bah:

they are so retarded that they don't do any date in their continent?!!? c'mon europe is big too!

they are so retarded that they don't do any date in their continent?!!? c'mon europe is big too!

Someone's angry :p . But I do understand you, it's a tad unfair to European fans that a European band has it's reunion gig in… America. And when you add to that someone's fear of flying… not good :p .

Perhaps now's the time to overcome it?

He someone's angry :p . But I do understand you, it's a tad unfair to European fans that a European band has it's reunion gig in… America. And when you add to that someone's fear of flying… not good :p .

Perhaps now's the time to overcome it?

it's not my fault if they are retarded and don't wanna play in europe.
I AM not so retarded to spend i don't know how much money to fly to america and to stay there (hotel, food, means of transport, concert tickets) :lol:
i love arcturus, but not so madly. i can live without having seen them live for now :p

I AM not so retarded to spend i don't know how much money to fly to america and to stay there (hotel, food, means of transport, concert tickets) :lol:
i love arcturus, but not so madly. i can live without having seen them live for now :p

o_O preposterous!!! Out of curiosity, for which band would you do that?

Well, I am down for splitting a hotel room when the time comes. More plans can be made closer to the date and well, when I am certain enough they are not gonna back out to by plane tickets.

Well, I am down for splitting a hotel room when the time comes. More plans can be made closer to the date and well, when I am certain enough they are not gonna back out to by plane tickets.

Exactly, we don't want to buy the tickets and then know that the band cancelled the show.

I'd man up and fly down to Atlanta, but it's during the first month of school. :

Sucks! :yuk:

i'm not sure if i would do it for anyone.
i've never flight to america when king diamond didn't come europe for 6 years and i had withdrawal symptoms 'cause he was my fav band at that time....

probably now the only one for which i could do a such madness (considering my fear to fly) is.... guess who?....vintersorg ahahaha :lol:
if i knew he would do a only date with his own band on the opposite side of the world i would probably take the idea into consideration... :p but i've said PROBABLY!

yeah it's like that time when Ulver did their Shadows of the Sun release party in New York... really pissed me off.

I'd probably be willing to do it for Solefald :D

yeah it's like that time when Ulver did their Shadows of the Sun release party in New York... really pissed me off.
I'd probably be willing to do it for Solefald :D

Yeah, they did that because he released it with The End, and the latter are based in NYC. But I agree, a tad unfair. Oh I'd do the same for Solefald, Arcturus, and Borknagar. I was going to do it for the latter, but the Colorado trip got in the way. They cancelled the tour anyhow.

Now that you mention Solefald, since the new album will be out soon they should do a concert. THEY BETTER :p .

i'm not sure if i would do it for anyone.
i've never flown to america when king diamond didn't come europe for 6 years and i had withdrawal symptoms 'cause he was my fav band at that time....

probably now the only one for which i could do a such madness (considering my fear to fly) is.... guess who?....vintersorg ahahaha :lol:
if i knew he would do a only date with his own band on the opposite side of the world i would probably take the idea into consideration... :p but i've said PROBABLY!

Haha yeah I'd do the same for mighty Mr V. Hahaha probably, hahaha! :lol:

i really love how commited you guys are to your favorite bands. i'm always shocked to see the really tiny stages bands have to play here in germany.

i've seen arcturus and borknagar in hamburg markthalle, germany and both had to use the smaller (tiny) stage. hellhammers drumkit used so much space that the band couldnt even move on stage (except for vortex' drunken master style movements).

on the red harvest/arcturus gig there were probably 50-100 people.

borknagar played after 'secrets of the moon' and solstafir (same stage a few years later). i looked back after banging a few minutes and saw that half of the crowd was already gone.

both gigs were really great, especially borknagars.

ulver, a few weeks ago also in hamburg, wasnt sould out. i ordered the tickets the first day available and couldnt believe there were any left a week later.

so maybe you are the people who should get the concerts, not us.

i really love how commited you guys are to your favorite bands. i'm always shocked to see the really tiny stages bands have to play here in germany.

i've seen arcturus and borknagar in hamburg markthalle, germany and both had to use the smaller (tiny) stage. hellhammers drumkit used so much space that the band couldnt even move on stage (except for vortex' drunken master style movements).

on the red harvest/arcturus gig there were probably 50-100 people.

borknagar played after 'secrets of the moon' and solstafir (same stage a few years later). i looked back after banging a few minutes and saw that half of the crowd was already gone.

both gigs were really great, especially borknagars.

ulver, a few weeks ago also in hamburg, wasnt sould out. i ordered the tickets the first day available and couldnt believe there were any left a week later.

so maybe you are the people who should get the concerts, not us.

I agree, we should be going to the concerts! :p

I've seen pics of the Arcturus gig in München (?), and to be honest it was pathetic. Pathetic that people don't know what a great band they have in front of them, pathetic that they leave the gig, and pathetic that, as in every country in the world, most people don't know anything about music.

As you said, even bands as "old" and diverse as Ulver don't have sold-out gigs. Why? Because it's alternative to the usual stuff that most Black MH would listen to (Marduk, Dark Funeral, etc.) , and people who listen to those bands are probably one of the most closed-minded of the entire scene.

But I like it that way, I don't want more and more people to listen to the bands and invade the forums. As long as the sales are good for the band, and the band and the fans enjoy the music, I won't complain.