Arcturus forum

Ormir

Oct 11, 2001
Espoo, Finland
Since so many lesser bands already have forums in the deceased section, Arcturus certainly deserves one. Although I think it would be good if it was possible to get some kind of official permission for this forum, and the Arcturus logo. Mark is hosting their record label's forum afer all, so why not ask them?

Originally posted by Ormir
Since so many lesser bands already have forums
:lol: True!
Arcturus deserve a board here of course!
(Although there have been uncountable threads about Arcturus and various things about them have already been discussed)

@Kveldssanger:Cool avatar! Me geia!;)

I don't think they have split up... They were never a normal band after all and in the interviews for "The Sham Mirrors" I believe that Garm said that it's not impossible for them to release another album. I guess that when they manage to get together once again we may see a new album....

@Dionysos: thanks, I rather like it :D :D

Well, they have clearly stated that this would be their last album, and it's one "for the fans". Garm personally doesn't believe in another Arcturus album, mainly because it's such a pain to make. They never actually met each other during the recordin of "The Sham Mirrors". Each recorded their own parts one by one in a patchwork, and it took huge amounts of time to get the album finished because of that. I personally don't expect a new Arcturus album in the next five years at least.

That's exactly what happened with LMI as well. It's known that the members of the band can't coordinate their schedules very well. It's certain that they're not going to release anything soon, but in 5 or more years it's not impossible to release something new. Anyway, we'll see, but remember that they had said that LMI was going to be their last album. Perhaps if they feel "nostalgic" they'll decide to write another one..

Well... the point is that we need an Arcturus forum. Wether it's the official forum, or one in the departed (still could be official), is pretty irrelevant.

I've heard people that spoke to Hellhammer when he was in Australia with Mayhem recently, say that he said there would be a new album in a couple of years, so here's hoping........

If Arcturus have an official site, try emailing the webmaster and suggesting UM, that's they way things get started around here, I think :)

Originally posted by Jo
I could not find any official site.
:wave: to yourdeadgroom.
lol hello.
arcturus_pic1.jpg

Actually I think this is official site:
http://www.adastraenter.com/
No contact info however, so I guess theend records is the only alternative.

MayheM done a tour in Australia a couple weeks ago, and whilst in Melbourne they did an instore. I got to meet Hellhammer and got him to sign all my Arcturus albums (as well as Mayhem, Kovenant, Thornz, Winds cds)...anyways I asked him if there would be more albums or was The Sham Mirrors the last one...He told me that for sure there will be more Arcturus albumS. So there you go, I actually asked him twice just to be sure, as Arcturus is one of my all time fav bands...

Originally posted by St. Vitus
They sang a song about cigarette butts. They don't need their own forum.

[Note for the humor-challenged: I'm being facetious]
Actually "cigarette butt" is a synonym for penis in Radical Cut.