Arcturus - where are they now

I think Aspera Hiems Symfonia was the best. I haven't heard the others completely but I've heard some and I still think Aspera Hiems Symfonia was the best.

I was in a recordshop today and they put on The Sham Mirrors, which made me again realise what an excellent album it is.

For me also much better than La Masquerade Infernale, never managed to get into it, it just doesn't do it for me... AHS is also friggin' excellent!

Arcturus are "doomed" to release perfect albums.......
You have all their albums or you have nothing......
My favourite Arcturus album is their ........full discography!

I'll take it that you mean Disguised Masters and not the song Deception Genesis. If you mean the song you'll probably like it, it's similar to LMI (maybe a little more experimental) If you mean the album (Disguised...) i really think that it depends on your tastes and general approach to music. First of all if you don't like electronic music don't even go near it. Almost all the remixes make the songs totally different and the styles vary from jungle to electro and even some hip-hop elements. Personally, I loved it but maybe you need to check some songs before buying.

If it's any help read a review on the following address:
http://www.geocities.com/weepingwounded/reviews/arcturusdisguised.html

yes i meant disguised masters- thanks kveldssanger, i guess i should get it- i love their electronica explorations-if it is like ulver I will love it

Originally posted by Bumblefoot
. LMI, like someone said, sounds like the circus. And also... where's the chaos? it sounds pretty tame and boring to me for the most part.

For me, it's the exact opposite. Sham Mirrors belongs on the dust collecting end of my cd rack in dullsville. The only redeeming factor in Sham Mirrors is the track with Ihsahn. surprise, surprise.

;)

Ive written a lot of short reviews on The Sham Mirrors all over various forums here at UM. To me, it's the best album so far this year by a mile, and one of the best albums ever recorded. Simply amazing.