Are Evergrey Satanists??????

Shades as I dwell deeper and learn more I think I realize that as their lyrics are soooooo meaning ful and special thanks for everybody help!!!!

Stanists??? I think Evergrey has tried to convey a mesage that they steer away from any sort of organized religion. Satanism or otherwise. I don' t know why the metal community is so wrapped up in thinking how "metal" satanism is. It's just like christianity only with more metal cache and "spooky" mystique. It's till organized and dogmatic bullshit!

I think EG has made it clear that they disapprove of oragnized religion abusing it's power. And last time I checked I didn't see any Dark Lounge acts or Death Jazz groups.........

I noticed people were kind of using their relationship to Andy La Rocque as a hint towards their religion but I'm pretty sure Andy is not a satanist himself. In fact the only member of king diamond who is a satanist is king himself.

MainelyGrey said:
It is sad. Organized religion seems more and more like a combination of government and business with great tax breaks. Don't blame God, Allah, Buddha or whoever you (or don't) pray to for the stupidity of man!!!! :saint:

As a very spiritual person, but not a religious one, I've often been heard to say to friends who ask me about my religion:

"Organized religion strives to separate people, while spirituality brings people together"

I think many folks are very spiritual, but the doctrines of many of our so called "organized" sects of religion have turned people away from them and made many people believe as I do - that you can be spiritual (whatever your beliefs may be) and not require these strict organizations to force their policies and codes upon you.

Just my thoughts...

Jind

something is certainly up with that as on the album backcover where the heights are it says 6"66 instead of 6'6!!!!Just a observation!!!!!!!!

Well....even if something is up....no one is steppin' up to officially say "yeah or ney". One thing is for sure, from watching the EG DVD Tom is complex, talented and has a CRAZY ASS sense of humor. The dude is a riot!!!! So maybe if we play MMA backwards it will tell how to make sacrificed goat stew. Whatever the bands personal beliefs, they aren't openly trying to convert anyone. Are EG Occultist.......who knows......????? Can they FRICKIN' ROCK.....Ya' Buddy......That's all we really want anyway!!!! :headbang:

Don't you people think that " nothing can harm us, we're made in heaven. I promised Gods love now and forever" has a pretty non sathanist or non atheist meaning??? :saint:

Evergrey as a band has a right to do and put anything they want to on their releases.They are not pushing any views on anybody.But after thinking about the back cover where the use 6'66 instead of 6'6 it obvious thet are putting these symbols for a reason just like with the new e-card having the pentagram in the middle of all their images around it!!!!! This and the cover where obviously on purpose with intent to be seen!!! Somebody must really want these symbols present wouldnt you say????????

Evil_Ananas said:
Don't you people think that " nothing can harm us, we're made in heaven. I promised Gods love now and forever" has a pretty non sathanist or non atheist meaning??? :saint:
OR
"maybe being talked into joining darkness forever."
hmmmm.......same song!!!

with 6'66" on the back wall. well i do know that 666 is the number of man and is a sign of the apocalypse as described in the Bible. so that whole thing just might be one of those pranks artists play on album covers. Dream Theater had all kinds of stuff like that on their new album so it isn't unusual.

Hm,I think on some old pics that I saw converse cross on Tom's hand.Now that tattoo is some kind of a tribal.He grew up :p
Someone correct me if I'm wrong 'cause I'm not sure.

Hm,I think on some old pics that I saw converse cross on Tom's hand.Now that tattoo is some kind of a tribal.He grew up :p
Someone correct me if I'm wrong 'cause I'm not sure.

I hope you people taking part of the discussion actually KNOW what satanic beliefs are about. If you don't, you might want to read this first:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanism

Or any other well-trusted encyclopedia out there.

Satanism isn't exactly religious per say, more like a philosophical belief.

They are certainly not about devil worshiping of any kind, nor do they actually believe in "Satan", the one according to christianity.

With that said, I'm not a satanist myself, but I sure as hell (no pun) find many things, which according to their beliefs that fits my personal thoughts (except much of the egoistic and egalitarian thoughts), and if you actually read about their beliefs, I'm pretty sure most of you will to.

Cheers.

also...a "Satanist's" god or deity is himself (thus, God walking Earth).......the high holiday for them is not Halloween, like many think, it is actually his/her birthday. As told to me by a REAL Satanist. This isn't some sort of witchhunt (seperate belief system from satanism, ha,ha....) It is just curiosity........ Don't get all self righteous just because you googled "satanism".:saint: