Are Evergrey Satanists??????

I didn't just google satanism. I've written many papers about religion and cults. Just because your "real" satanist friend told you something he practices, doesn't make it stand for all of the "organised" satanist in the world today, which are based on LaVey's thoughts (originally taken from Crowley)

The Wikipedia article is actually very accurate, according to many of my teachers in both philosophy and religion. I didn't want to be "self righteous", I just wanted to clarify what people actually were discussing here. There's nothing bad about information.

Nikki~ said:
With that said, I'm not a satanist myself, but I sure as hell (no pun) find many things, which according to their beliefs that fits my personal thoughts (except much of the egoistic and egalitarian thoughts), and if you actually read about their beliefs, I'm pretty sure most of you will to.

Cheers.
Actually, I find it to be one of the most flawed philosophies in existence, precisely because it emphasizes the impulse and passions of self over others. Thus, a society based on LaVeyan satanism would crumble upon itself as everyone sought their own will and punished those who oppose them. It is not sustainable. It is extremely appealing to today's youth due to these impulsive indulgences and how 'easy' it is to live by, however that also contributes to the myriad of misconceptions, misrepresentations, and most significantly of all, degredation of our society. It is true, as you say, more people would find themselves akin to satanism than to other philosophies and religions, but that does not make it a successful way of life. If everyone takes, nobody gives, what is left to gain? It is self-eradicating.
I feel I have now written much and likely am now repeating myself so I shall end with this: I am not a satanist, but I understand where they are coming from. I see it as the antithesis of my personal philosophy and goals as someone who would endeavor to follow in the ways of Christ- (not the highly publicized church, but the man himself). I fail like so many, and all I can do is get up again stronger each time. I am not advocating that anyone share my beliefs, but I thought this would also clarify my perspective on this issue.

and I seriously doubt that Evergrey are followers of either philosophy I have just discussed.

You're very right. Of course a society wouldn't be able to function built on satanic standards, but neither would for example the scientological, the standards according to the COG, the mormons, Jehovas etc. etc. etc.

No religion or philosophy is absolutley fault free, all have their flaws, it's just all about your own perspective and they way you look at things.

Actually, many things from the 9 satanic statments can be directly translated to the seven deadly sins according to the christian bible, so it's just a matter of how you interpret it.

Indeed, and you're right, nobody has it perfect. I just think that satanism is one of the *more* flawed ones. But this thread is more concerned with Evergrey... and I just don't see any evidence for them being followers. I mean, if you look at Evergrey, and then Akercocke..

The only thing I enjoy about religion (organized or not) is its strong influence in music and other things. You can almost count it as a culture, since it changes the whole society in so many different ways. And since im from Sweden, a part of Scandinavia, I can see that pretty clearly. Cuz we have lotsa religious influence here. And I doubt I would have ever gotten into Black Metal if it wasnt for that matter, honestly.
But how religion treats some human minds into living differently and so on... well that's another story.

What form of religious influence are you referring to? It seems to me that in Scandinavian countries, the Occult is a well received form of living or belief. So, are you saying Christianity is popular in Sweden?

Satanism, Christinity and Norse Mythology (not an actual religion though) are the most popular ones that iinfluence the music here. And some other, but at a more underground lvl.
And yes, lol you don't know how right you are. From the parts where I come from there are lots assemblys (or what the word is for religious organisations). And in my hometown, its about.... hmm 1000 ppl living here and we have 5 chuches. All of them driven by different christian organisations.
Lol, sometimes it almost feels kinda scary to live here, everything is just so unbelievably peaceful.

Wow. People shock me at times. Necroing a 2 year old topic just to say that 1 obvious sentence? :p
Ah well who cares. Broken Wings is a killer song! WEEEEEEH

I have to laugh at finding this since me and a friend were discussing it after watching ANTR a few days ago. We rather quickly came to the conclusion "Who cares, they kick ass!" opened another beer and carried on banging our heads.

My questions are not for outing anyone, my original question is why Sweden and the surrounding countries seem to be the origin of Death and Black Metal, with the chance that EG being part of that culture? What is it about that part of the world that it seems to be more prevolent? I had e-mailed Tom regarding this question with no response(not that I expected one). I have been fascinated with EG since the first time I heard them. The book "Communion" Tom based ISOT on, I had to read based on the similarities of the music and the story. It's just cool knowing what makes our "MetalGods" tick.:worship:

Tried to answer your question in your previous thread. Not that i'm a religious expert, but anyhow ;)

That's just it; atheists/nontheists/agnostics don't HAVE to prove anything at all. It's theists who claim that something exists, and therefore have the burden of proof.

Well, actually, nobody has the burden of proof. See, they don't call it facts, proof or evidence of anything. They call it faith. I'm not religious myself, but I have my own thoughts about life and death. I really hope people give me enough respect to let me believe whatever I want to believe without people demanding me to prove anything. Therefore I never ask people to prove to me why they believe like they do. They have their reasons just like me.

But of course, you can always discuss why you believe like you do and get other inputs, things you haven't really thought of. That's only healty, but still, it's faith we're talking about.. not math or chemistry.