Are Metallica Set To Take Over...Again?

• Thread starter King Purple Rainbow
  • Start date
Oh man...that's so cool.

I doubt I'll ever get to see them live, but I can always hope.

Mabye they'll open for Metallica!

That doesn't even sound possible... :D

Any true American metal fan has to at least like Kill EM All. People differ on their opinions about WHEN Metallica sold out, but if you do not think they did or if you like anything after AJFA, then you are not a metal fan any more than a Korn fan is.

Also The Amorphis, Opeth, Lacuna Coil show was probably the best live show I have seen with the possible exceptions of Sentenced, Dark Tranquillity, In Flames or Iced Earth, Jag Panzer.

Agreed. At least the first four albums metal fans, true metal fans, should appreciate.

Oaklain...you saw Opeth, In Flames, and Iced Earth. I envy you.

I don't think they sold out. I like Load and Reload (and all of the other albums). I like all 'true' metal bands. I like all metal except MOST numetal. I sometimes listen to Korn (they are shit though)...

I guess I just destroyed Oaklains theory... o_O :p

Anyone who wants to call me a 'poser fake metalhead' can shut the hell up, because I wont give a shit... :D

I don't care if you think I am a "true" metalhead or what. I know what I like and not all of it is 4/4 with double bass, distorted guitars and a guy screaming. Some of it has a girl screaming! :D

No, but I really don't give a fuck if people think I'm a "poser" or what, I just listen to whatever the fuck I want and I wear whatever I feel like, unless I'm at working and making wads of cash for it.

That's all.

Metallica was once a kick ass metal band, I would not argue that. Now they are a pop band. Their videos are played during times when pop videos are played and they did an album with an orchestra for Christs sake.

I do not care if anyone likes their new material, but there is no fucking way in hell you can call any of the new shit metal.

Justifiy it however you like, it just is pop music.

There is nothing wrong with pop music, a lot of great art has been placed in that category. I agree that new Metallica is not metal, which is kind of ironic as "metal" is in the freaking band name for crying out loud. Still, I don't think playing with an orchestra was that bad an idea, but I do think that S&M blew a fat one. Can 'metal' and symphony be brought together? Maybe, but Metallica didn't do it, they just had an orchestra bog down what amounts to a standard Metallica set with a bunch of unnecessary filler.

Metallica are just past thier prime and still kind of enjoying themselves/trying to put bread on the table. They aren't into spraying beer all over anymore, but they still have kids to feed and wives to buy flowers for.

Anyone who wants to hear a nice blend of symphony and power metal, listen to symphony x.

I understand that some people do like new Metallica but claiming that new Metallica is metal is where I have an issue. That is kind of like telling a true punk fan that Green Day is punk. They both left their genre of origin and began making pop music for profit.

I am not condemning them for doing it or making fun of people who like it, but at least call it what it is.

Pop for money?

Metallica have not gone pop! To metal heads, I guess it's pop, but it's still metal...even LOAD.

Whatever you call it, it still smacks of a deviation from the original idea, which was Metallica music for music's sake. I don't know their minds, but I know there has been a profound change within the band, and I would even suggest (as many metalers have) that the band is no more. Of course they've dragged the decaying wreckage with them for ten years, but that doesn't mean that Metallica is still with us. Rigor mortis hadn't quite set in with AJFA and there was still some risidual body heat left on Black, but there were maggots and flies all over it by Load. What's left now, bones?

I like Slayer...some of the most insane stuff I've ever heard...

But hope is lost with Slayer...

There is hope with Metallica...

Originally posted by King Purple Rainbow
But hope is lost with Slayer...

There is hope with Metallica...
God Hates Us All or Reload, hmm...

I agree that GHUA wasn't the best Slayer album ever, and even Diabolus was a little disappointed (at least for Slayer) but I don't see Lars coming up with the kind of drum onslaught that is required of a modern metal album. Even up to the last song ever recorded by Slayer the drums brutally rip a new one whereas Lars has kind of fizzled into an obnoxious media pundit.

I don't want to admit it, but Lar's drumming has deteriorated with time. But from what I've heard about the new songs, he has some of the more original drum tracks since ...AND JUSTICE FOR ALL.

GOD HATES US ALL should've been called GOD HATES THIS CD!