are there any bands like opeth... (???)

thebigfish

New Metal Member
Jan 2, 2003
Visit site
... that use that creative use of notes/chords/whatever, because that's what i really like about opeth... i'm a guitar player myself and so far i haven't heard a band that is as efficient as opeth in using dissonances/awkward notes/whtvr (i haven't done any musical theory...) oh and btw i'm already familiar with motorpsycho should anyone mention them (probably not)...
thnx people

Like Opeth? Face it .... noooooo !!!
But that use "dissonances/awkward notes" .... try Gorguts, late Emperor, Cynic .... well why not even Katatonia !!!

If you want tons of interesting melodies and stuff, then I agree with late Emperor. Prometheus is very dissonant and very melodic. Ix is more operatic.

I don't know. There are a lot of bands with heavy dissonance, but most are a little too nonmusical for me.

Well if you mean similiar in this manner: crunching chords and riffs, death vox with a mix of clean vox, and melodic...then I suggest to you this band...

Novembers Doom

I've seen November's Doom compared to Opeth in a number of music magazines; I haven't heard enough of the band to (dis)agree. I don't feel there's any band similar to Opeth soundwise, but there are many excellent bands with the same approach to writing progressive compositions (to name a few, Solefald, Orphaned Land, Rush, Camel, Porcupine Tree, Bal-Sagoth).

But there is at least one band very similar...APRIL ETHEREAL
:eek: