Are there by any chance Filipinos here?

Sa wakas tapos na exams... Makakahinga na ako nang mabuti...

Sa bahay ako nag-iinternet. Mabagal din kasi dial-up gamit namin.

Kung i-coconvert ko yung binayad ko, malamang mga 600+ bawat CD. Mas mura yun kaysa bumili ako sa metaldisc kung saan mahal yung mga cd's. Yung lola ko siya ang nagbabayad dahil gumagastos yung mommy ko para sa kanya dito. Kaya, in a way, parang regalo sakin ng mommy ko at saka ng lola ko yung mga cd's. Nakakahiya talaga.

Magaganda yung bago kong cd's. Yung the Gathering, grabe! Ang ganda ng boses ni Aneke.

Ano pa bang magagandang gothic bands?

Aneke rules...

Oo nga an lakas makapabagal ng connection ang UM, ganda kc ng lay-out.

wow astig, lola mo nagbabayad. Pare favor lang, parang gusto kong magpaorder sa yo, pero di rin ako sure kc ala akong time. Mas mura nga, anyway, pag kung sakasakali magpapaorder ako sayo, eh, magdodown naman ako ng kalahati, tapos pag makukuha ko na chaka ko babayaran yung iba. Ibigay mo na lang sa mommy mo yung bayad para makatulong ka rin o kaya sayo na lang para at least kumikita ka, hehehe.

Gothic bands?

Well, bago ang lahat, eto muna ang dapat mong pakinggan...

old Theatre of Tragedy, specially the first two albums

pag nagustuhan mo... sige ituloy tuloy mo

old Within Temptation
Without Face
Atrox
Macbeth
Sirenia
Tristania
Trail of Tears
Epica
After Forever
Elis
Draconian
Rain Fell Within
Beseech

Okay Panzer, I'm glad this board is kicking up again.

So you're from taiwan, I heard the metal scene is good there unlike here in the Philippines, which Bringer of war and I had talked about early in this thread.

So what are some good Taiwanese metal band? I heard Chthonic is a good band, i have a song sample of them, but i can't hear it right now and i think they're good.

PanzerRon said:
Unfortunately I do not live in Taiwan, I live in South Africa.

Oh i thought you live there...

yes i think i'll like chthonic, it just happens my computer isn't working right now so i can't hear the sample. I wanna get a copy of their albums though, but let me tell you that there are no Metal CDs sold here in the Philippines which suck mainly. Of course except for some more popular metal bands like Metallica, Dream Theater and Lacuna Coil and pirated CDs. And I'm impressed about the lyrical theme of Chthonic. I've always liked bands that have themes like that.

Then you must check out some Japanese bands also. I heard Japanese bands are good like Intestine Baalism, Sabbat and Church of Misery. You can check out some Filipino metal bands also at www.filipinometal.com I haven't had some albums of them, but i will soon.

The metal scene here, well, sad to say sucks...
There are just a few metal bands here and they are undistinguished. yes, there are some concerts, but few people also appreciate them. People mainly dig pop garbage, nu metal, punk and hip hop music. And i told you that there are no metal cds for sale here right? That's pretty depressing for us metalheads here. But i'm not saying that the metal scene here should be some earth-shaking one and popular one, i just want that people respect the music other people listens to. They always say it's just plain stupidity to listen to metal, but it's not. Metal is sometimes the eye-opener of all the sickness of the society. Dare not blame it to metal!

Well, how's there in S.Africa? Tell me about the bands there.

PanzerRom said:
Jeez, no metal CDs sold in Philipines, that sucks for you guys. I agree with you on the lyrical content of Chthonic's lyrics; very original and interesting, they mainly talk about Taiwanese or Chinese mythology or folk stories with a twist, if you read chinese you will also see that Freddy (the vocalist) is a very competent lyricist.

Yep. No CDs sold here, and yeah it really sucks...
Yes i think it's interesting, and actually i want to create lyrics like that about philippine stories and myths and mainly the history of the Philippines, and how we are colonized and got beaten by foreign countries... (I have that idea way before i knew of Chthonic)

PanzerRom said:
I know some Japanese bands, mainly Sigh, Abigail and Sex Machineguns (glam metal), my friend has an Intestine Baalism CD which I must check out some time. And I will definitely check out some philipino bands.

I know of Sigh and Intestine Baalism. Man IB is really good, you must check them out.
If you're gonna check out some Filipino bands, check out Bane, Faster Than Satan, Human Mastication and Korihor....

PanzerRom said:
Well, ain't the music scene everywhere in the world shit? Most of Asia is polluted by popular music, namely R&B and hip-hop. Almost every youngster in Taiwan wears those oversize shirts and baggy jeans; they make me want to hurl...

Yes i know of that, but at least not like here. I think the Philippine's has the worst in terms of that. if you come here, you will know what i mean.

PanzerRom said:
South African metal scene is also relatively weak. There are a small number of real metal bands and most of them I have not had the chance to see. The majority of the so-called "underground" bands here are nu-metal or rap-rock (which is nu-metal) which sucks. We did, however, manage to get Sepultura, Soulfly and Entombed here this and last year.

Oh i think the metal scene there is weak too because i just searched for bands in S. Africa in Metal-archives, and there is only few, but i don't know about some underground bands there but as you said, they are nu-metal, but you may want to search for more, really deep.

Holy Shit! Entombed went there! How was it?

PanzerRom said:
Tyburn, Funeral God

So what do these two bands play? Is Tyburn a black Metal band? And Funeral God a Doom/Death band? Sacrifist is Death/Progressive right? I want to check them out.

Well, it's too bad you missed them cuz they really are a great band. I wish Metal bands come here in the Philippines.

Cool, Mayhem is going there? I didn't know Hellhammer has enough time to go on tours when he has so many bands...

Cool, i'm checking them out as soon as i find time...

Oh that's ok if they're melodic death, as i'm into Arghoslent, Necrophobic, old At the Gates and Suidakra...

By the way bringer of war very much like Progressive metal. I don't know why he isn't posting anymore, maybe he's too busy at school.

Yeah, if you watched Mayhem, tell me your experience man...