are there metalheads where you live?

There are not, but there are some really cool people at my college that got their Exodus shirts at the local hot topic! But man, they love to walk around like they are the shit.

Other than that, there is no one.

Since I live in the city with population 5 mlns - there are a lot of metalheads. But nobody of my friend is a metalhead. The heaviest shit that one or two of my friends can listen to is Korn.

There's a big population -- I live right by NYC, so the scene is pretty healthy. Quite fortunate. :)

According to the Lord forum, yes. But I never seem to run into any... except Nigel from Grenade who's ALWAYS at the local pub (except I've never actually met him).

Every gig I've ever been to at Sydney seems to bring them all out though. So many people sporting shirts with actual metal bands on them (as opposed to Korn and Disturbed). It's quite awesome.

I'd hate not to live near(ish) to a major city. Currently an hour train trip away.

I'm so sick of seeing foreigners (aka non-Americans) say that there are tons of metalheads where they live and Americans always say the exact opposite. shit's gotta change. sure I love the freedoms we have, but other than that, America fucking sucks.

I'm so sick of seeing foreigners (aka non-Americans) say that there are tons of metalheads where they live and Americans always say the exact opposite. shit's gotta change. sure I love the freedoms we have, but other than that, America fucking sucks.

have you tried getting people into extreme metal? i've found that it works 80% of the time as long as the person likes metal.

have you tried getting people into extreme metal? i've found that it works 80% of the time as long as the person likes metal.

I've tried that. and failed....my friend Ryan wont listen to anything more extreme than Metallica. all that death/black metal stuff to him is just noise. I did however, get him into Celtic Frost.

No metalheads where I live. Infact, it's yuppie city, but I do love the beach, hence why I can't bring myself to leave.

I kinda like being the only one here, but, I also get sick of the "OMFG metalhead, he's gonna shoot everyone" looks I get if I have a metal shirt on.

Surely you're not the only metalhead in all of Sydney.

Well considering I live in a city where the population is 130,000+

I'm sure theres a metal heads somewhere, but I haven't found him/her yet. (hope its a her)

No actually, I know of one metal head that goes to my school. He listens to basically the same stuff I listen too. An all around metal head, he's not picky like some of the pricks I've met on this board. Other than that theres noone else. Well theres like 2 or 3 more, but they're more into classic metal like old Metallica and Slayer.

^I've tried getting both of them to have a wider range in black metal but alas laziness reigns supreme. Actually one of them said he loved Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia as his favorite Dimmu CD, I forgot to include Dimmu, he's also into Cradle but Cradle's not black. Well he likes Cradle and Dimmu better than Emperor. I met them by wearing an Emperor Anthems shirt actually and very soon I'll have a Deicide and Nile shirt too, I should have both in by next week. But both of them will be gone next year because they can't keep their grades up and are on probation.

I'm the only metalhead in this state!

I know of a couple of people in my town who listen to metal, but only one person who is remotely a metalhead. He's the only other guy in my school year with long hair, and I despise him utterly :) So, unfortunately, I don't even know for sure what he listens to...