Why Do You Think A Lot of Metalheads Also Enjoy Listening To...

I'm still waiting to hear someone really incorporate electronic or industrial really well with metal. What I've heard has been either mediocre (Thorns) or horrible (...and Oceans). I must say it's not something I go out of my way to listen to anyway.

...and Oceans did a great job with mixing industrial and metal. Blut Aus Nord also did a good job incorperating electronic elements into Thematic Emanation Of Archetypal Multiplicity.

However the best mixture was done by Godflesh. Streetcleaner is fucking MASSIVE.

I think it may be because some electronic and industrial can have that dark feel that metal has, and all alt/indie and hip hop lacks. I don't really listen to electronica/industrial, but I do like some of it. I like some of almost every genre besides hip hop and "she said" style alt rock.

So I must be the only one that worships at the altar of Skinny Puppy (or is that sKinny pUppy?), or at least at that of albums like Too Dark Park, Last Rights, and the Process.

And Aphex Twin. I fucking love Aphex Twin.

I find alot of newer industrial, the shit that falls under the EBM banner, to be rather derivative, but I appreciate Front Line Assembly (who were doing this type of thing before nearly anybody else), :wumpscut:, Laeather Strip, and a handful of others. I also like Covenant (not The Kovenant), which technically makes me gay, but not as gay as the fact that I like Depeche Mode circa Violator.

In Slaughter Natives, Brighter Death Now, Lustmord, and other so-called "dark ambient/death industrial" bands are damn good as well. Some of In Slaughter Natives's work would particularly appeal to those of you who like both metal and industrial, even though there's no metal to be found on any of the latter's albums.

Regardless, to answer your question Moon, I think it all boils down to a matter of either extemity or atmosphere. A lot of industrial/electronic music is either undeniably extreme or unquestionably atmospheric, two qualities which I'm sure we all appreciate in our metal.

Puissance also integrate industrial elements masterfully into their sound. They are able to achieve that creepy sinister atmosphere, which I love so much.
Songs like Post-Ruin Symphony, Reign of Dying Angels, Stagnate and Perish, A Call to Arms, Actinium, etc are great examples of this

I'm a fan of industrial and electronic music..
But, I can't answer your question because I'm not sure why so many metalheads like it...

I'm super eclectic, but canned drums, loops, clubby shit is all a big turn off to me, so I'm not too much into any of that.

Unless it's The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste.

I can stand SOME electronic, if its done well and blends into the intended theme of the music. Trance is one of my favourite genres, actually. Consists of almost all my 'non-metal' play.