are there metalheads where you live?

Hm, my two best friends are metal-heads, other than that there are a lot of metalcore kids who think they're too metal for everyone else:erk:

In the city near to where I live metal heads often lurk around, only recognisable from their Metallica shirts :lol:
I see one guy here at college always wearing the And Justice For All shirt, I also seen him with a friend wearing a Black Label Society shirt in line at the food court, both looked like metalheads with long hair, but I doubt they're into extreme metal.

Yeah, 2 guys into 2nd wave black metal but not terribly knowledgeable about it, one of them told me he never heard Mayhem which shocked me, they both just listen to Burzum, Satyricon, and old Nightside Emperor and that's it generally, though I haven't met any death metal fans here.
At my old high school I was the only one into metal though upon graduating my favorite bands were Lamb of God, Morbid Angel, Six Feet Under, Slayer, and Slipknot then. I hadn't gotten into black metal then or too much Death.

Are you serious? You'd figure somebody who listens to that genre would eventually come into contact with bands like Mayhem.

For me, though, what a person has go to do to find metalheads in these small towns is sport a metal shirt of some band and hopefully, somebody will pick up on it. I know I'll be sporting my Bathory <blood fire death> shirt soon.

^I've tried getting both of them to have a wider range in black metal but alas laziness reigns supreme. Actually one of them said he loved Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia as his favorite Dimmu CD, I forgot to include Dimmu, he's also into Cradle but Cradle's not black. Well he likes Cradle and Dimmu better than Emperor. I met them by wearing an Emperor Anthems shirt actually and very soon I'll have a Deicide and Nile shirt too, I should have both in by next week. But both of them will be gone next year because they can't keep their grades up and are on probation.

2 of my closest friends are fellow 'metalheads' and I know a fair number of other metalheads as well. Though their doesn't seem to be many in the university I am attending. I think my highschool had more.

None at all. In fact, the other day at the DT concert, several of the fans left after seeing the haunted cuz they had never heard of Dark Tranquillity. I was so ashamed of where I live, I almost feel like going to concerts in another state just so I can say I dont live here.

yeah there are many here where i live, called Kelowna B.C. Canada. like four of them are my good friends, and then so many of them are just retards, where metal has become a competition for them. metal is definitely alive and well though!

None at all. In fact, the other day at the DT concert, several of the fans left after seeing the haunted cuz they had never heard of Dark Tranquillity. I was so ashamed of where I live, I almost feel like going to concerts in another state just so I can say I dont live here.

I've heard of DT!! Errr but I never listened to them does that make me any better :p haha

Ps: I don't know any other metalheads in Texas atm but I don't know many people either.

There are a lot of kids that look like they'd be metal heads, but I only know a few of them. I have a lot of friends who listen to some metal but aren't metal heads.

I think a friend of mine is the only metalhead here besides me. I think there is a few in the next town about 10,15 minutes away. Metal is so alien here. There is no such thing as even somewhat heavy bands.

No metalheads where I live. Infact, it's yuppie city, but I do love the beach, hence why I can't bring myself to leave.

I kinda like being the only one here, but, I also get sick of the "OMFG metalhead, he's gonna shoot everyone" looks I get if I have a metal shirt on.

Virtually no metal-headz, Just Emo's.
Question: How do Emo kids skateboard with plastered ball-hugging jeans and "kids R us" jean jackets on ?? (oh im sorry, I forgot the Aiden $2.99 hot topic patch on back of it)