Are you a happy person?

Are you a happy person?

• Total voters
Hi all -
This is going to sound cheesy, but trying to acquire constant happiness,
is like trying to get a pendulum to swing to one side only...
Or one could refer to our natural chemical-balance..
Being content with it, is what matters, I think.
-Ashen

My wife found someone else... so I had to leave and stay with my mom for a while because I just couldn't stay there with her knowing she wanted someone else. A few months later, she wanted me back. I went back, 3 weeks later... she said she just didn't love me like she used to. I left again... then Rita came, destroyed everything in me and my wife's old apartment. She drove up to Michigan to stay with her mom, and decided not to come back.

Going in that apartment and seeing all of our memories scattered... wanting only to be able to turn to her and say, "It's OK, none of this shit matters. What matters is that we are OK, and still love eachother. We'll get through this." But, I couldn't.... because I lost her too.

Im a very happy person now, I found a wonderful woman and everything looks very promising :) I havent been this happy in a long time :)

Not really. I've got a great girlfriend and a coming band that makes me positive, but the shitty stuff tends to overwhelm most of the time. It goes back and forth between good and bad stuff though. For instance, I bet I'll be a hell lot happier in June, when I can spend the whole summer slacking with my girlfriend and getting shitfaced with good ol' friends.

When it comes to music, pretty much ever band or song I like has a negative side to it. Katatonia and Anathema have become a huge part of my life on the side of the extreme Thrash and Death metal I've listened to for years.

stefan86 said:
Not really. I've got a great girlfriend and a coming band that makes me positive, but the shitty stuff tends to overwhelm most of the time. It goes back and forth between good and bad stuff though. For instance, I bet I'll be a hell lot happier in June, when I can spend the whole summer slacking with my girlfriend and getting shitfaced with good ol' friends.

When it comes to music, pretty much ever band or song I like has a negative side to it. Katatonia and Anathema have become a huge part of my life on the side of the extreme Thrash and Death metal I've listened to for years.
I wish I had a great girlfriend, but she just dumped me.:( And of course I ONLY listen to bands with negative/depressing vibes to their music. Once in a blue moon, when I am in fact happy, I'll throw on some power metal, but this is very rare. Since I'm going through the worst time of my life right now, I'll been listening to nothing but the most depressing metal (early Katatonia, early Bethlehem, Mourning Beloveth, Abyssic Hate, Tearstained, October Tide, Evoken, Daylight Dies, etc.).

Mourining Beloveth and October Tide ha??? are you sure you wanna feel better? :rolleyes:

try to turn the sadness into rage, and listen some hard stuff, like Death, Carcass, Napalm Death...or even Impaled Nazarene!:headbang:
try to cheer up a bit man. try to think that you deserve better than all of that shit that happened to you!:)

(I know...easy to talk :Smug: )

I want to say yes so badly, but I recently realized just how twisted I really am when it comes to the way I think and shit like that, and I'm having a really hard time coming to terms with the fact that I could very well be insane.

Life Sucks said:
I wish I had a great girlfriend, but she just dumped me.:( And of course I ONLY listen to bands with negative/depressing vibes to their music. Once in a blue moon, when I am in fact happy, I'll throw on some power metal, but this is very rare. Since I'm going through the worst time of my life right now, I'll been listening to nothing but the most depressing metal (early Katatonia, early Bethlehem, Mourning Beloveth, Abyssic Hate, Tearstained, October Tide, Evoken, Daylight Dies, etc.).

Damn, that sucks man. The only thing to do in those periods is really to hang on and catch every possible break to make things better. True turning points often tend come from loss, sadly enough.

I usually listen to Death or Thrash Metal when feeling energized and happy and Doom/Death or melancholic stuff when depressed. I'm in sort of an upside down-period right now when things seem to change from awesome to the worst possible in mere minutes. One second I'm listening to my bands songs and thinking, "damn this is really going somewhere". And the next, I'm feeling totally despondent. To put is simple, my mind is screwed up.

Some bands of choice for the latest weeks would be Daylight Dies (the new album is incredible IMO, almost up to par with Brave Murder Day), Death (the guitarwork and compositional sense of the mid-era stuff like "Human" is just mindblowing) and Forgotten Tomb (they truly capture that cold feeling so many bands search for without ever going into self-parody).

Miss*Lie said:
Mourining Beloveth and October Tide ha??? are you sure you wanna feel better? :rolleyes:

try to turn the sadness into rage, and listen some hard stuff, like Death, Carcass, Napalm Death...or even Impaled Nazarene!:headbang:
try to cheer up a bit man. try to think that you deserve better than all of that shit that happened to you!:)

(I know...easy to talk :Smug: )
Believe it or not, but depressing music makes me feel better when I am feeling like shit. If I hear happy music (like mainstream alt rock crap or hip hop), it just pisses me off. Though good death metal, like you mentioned, is also good to listen to when feeling depressed.

Little things make me happy for instance the smell of cut grass and a nice warm night but big things dont really make me happy I am a person that is happy because of the most trivial things.

It's nice and sunny and unseasonably warm here on a Satruday afternoon. Yet, I'm sitting here sulking, slouched in front of my computer lacking the energy to even so much as go take a walk outside.

I suffer from clinical depression cause of some mental-trauma from my earlier years I guess. As for tyring to get upbeat... well not much can realy help me at the momment. For temporary relief I suggest music. Angry music and depressing music agree's with me and I guess that's why I desire for. People who agree with me. I find the pop shit that is put on todays culture just angers me and and makes me sickened and more depressed. Things seem to have an opposite effect for me.

Death Animal said:
I usealy get happy from others misery.:D

me too.

My family had suffered from clinical depression, so I guess I have a chance at it happening to me also.

Life Sucks said:
It's nice and sunny and unseasonably warm here on a Satruday afternoon. Yet, I'm sitting here sulking, slouched in front of my computer lacking the energy to even so much as go take a walk outside.

dude, get up and do something. Doing things always helps.

I'm quite happy now:) I got a wonderful girlfriend that loves me(at least she says so:p) She is beautiful, I am a fucking lucky bastard:D It would be wonderful if not my school grades but that doesn't bother me that much:heh: