ARE YOU READY FOR SOME (American) FOOTBALL!!!

Edgecrusher said:
why the hell do they have such a hard-on for Joey Harrington? he's terrible

Excellent question. :)

We have been very hard on Joey. He has earned the nickname "Joey Blueskies" because he always sees things in a positive way. We are trying like hell to give him one more season to show us what he can do.

He's got the skills; he lacks presence in the pocket. He's so young, though. Consider the learning curve of Bret Favre. Pocket presence in the NFL is a very difficult atribute to master. Also, he's learning the west coast offense with a bunch of young recievers and RBs.

On our sports radio, people turn on any lions QB on a dime with a fury. I keep trying to argue that there is so much more wrong with the team and that being a QB for the lions is almost impossible. But now, we have this potentially domninant offense and a QB who is losing his ability to refuse to be discouraged.

I think that when we played the Bears, we saw how bad the Packers are. I'm glad we had a week off. We've got the skills, we just need the lockerroom chemistry.

GO LIONS!

Since the 49ers have turned into fairies, I haven't cared. Especially when there's better sports out there to pay attention to *hides* ;)

Marvin took Chad Johnnson's check list away :tickled: .

Bengals are still at the top of the League though. #1 in turnovers, Palmer #1 in passing. Rudi and Chad are in the top 10 in rushing and receiving.

But in all honesty, they're not Superbowl contenders.

That goes without saying...Other than the Bears who they played in week 3
they haven't beat a team with a winning record all year (And the Bears had a .500 record when they played)

They'll be no Detroit trip for the Bengals this year....The AFC Championship game will be Patriots @ Broncos!! And after people see what the Pats do to
the Colts on Monday...They'll see that Indy is REALLY OVERATED!!!

Edgecrusher said:
But in all honesty, they're not Superbowl contenders.

metu said:
ps ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!

Nice to see another 'Bama football fan around. College football--the last few seasons--hasn't been too interesting when a team with one of the best legacies in history wasn't doing well. Even though they're suffering a bit without Prothyro, they're still a very solid team this season, with one of the best defenses in the nation.

T_man357 said:
They'll be no Detroit trip for the Bengals this year....The AFC Championship game will be Patriots @ Broncos!! And after people see what the Pats do to
the Colts on Monday...They'll see that Indy is REALLY OVERATED!!!

I'll have to agree. Indianapolis has had an easy schedule thus far, and besides their defense, they're the same team they have been the past couple of seasons that were Super Bowl hopefuls.
And their defense, unless it proves otherwise on Monday night, isn't what analysts have made it out to be.
Belichick has always had a knack for exploiting the Colts and displaying what they really are, maybe he'll do it again for this round as well.

I hope you're right about the AFC title game, T. I'm a Denver fan and this is a season I am very excited about. Plummer is playing well, the running game is top-notch, the receivers are having a great season, and that defense is on fire.

This is a season where Denver has the ability to go beyond the Wildcard game, or Divisional, and not allow Indianapolis to smoke them either.

This is going to be a good year for the Broncos Guitarmaster..
They're the only AFC team that has any shot of keeping The Pats from winning another Super Bowl!! Once the playoffs start N.E. should take care of Indy for you...And Denver should hand the Steelers their ass!!

The Broncos are the class of the AFC right now (You don't know how hard that is for me to say!!) But beware of the Jags!!! Their defense is good enough to cause problems come playoff time, In fact they will win their rematch with Indy when they host them on 12-11
You heard it here first!!

Guitarmaster said:
I'll have to agree. Indianapolis has had an easy schedule thus far, and besides their defense, they're the same team they have been the past couple of seasons that were Super Bowl hopefuls.
And their defense, unless it proves otherwise on Monday night, isn't what analysts have made it out to be.
Belichick has always had a knack for exploiting the Colts and displaying what they really are, maybe he'll do it again for this round as well.

I hope you're right about the AFC title game, T. I'm a Denver fan and this is a season I am very excited about.

Edgecrusher said:
If New England doesn't beat Indy tonight, surely Cincinnati will. They ended Kansas City's undefeated streak a couple years ago...

I'm pulling for Cincy!!! (Even though they STILL haven't beat a team with a winning record.....Their due!!!)

And if they can't do it....The Steelers on 11-28 Monday Night in Indy will surely be able to get it done!!