Arghoslent in studio

I might be wrong, but when it comes to death metal bands I think that racism and war are much more mature subjects than the blood, guts and gore that so many bands choose to sing about. Do you really think a song like "The Purging Fires of War" is more juvenile than, say, "Hammer Smashed Face?"

youre right about cannibal corpse, but both ideas are incredibly immature and stupid and unintellgient. but the point is that a band could sing about racism in such a way as to not promote the idea and have it not be "juvenile" - perhaps by trying to promote equality, etc, while arghoslent are clearly doing the opposite.

You just said it wasn't okay and then said it was by not denying them the right to talk about it (nor allow it to hinder enjoyment of music, which is another story entirely). Unless you mean okay by defined moral standards, which I agree a lot of their actions probably are not on the good side of.

I never said it wasn't ok, did I? I simply said their views are tired. I think it's wrong, in my opinion, to harbor such racist views, but I don't deny them the right to express it.

Like you just said, one can enjoy their music and not agree with their themes.

I don't actually see racism as such a big deal, especially not as some people...I believe all people have the capacity to express racist views either accidentally (through emotional catharsis) or indirectly (assuming such people don't actively portray racist views)...however, you clearly do, and I guess it's my duty also to respect that, so ok.

I assumed Gelal would get to work on some project, a split with Absurd sounds like a good plan to get the band rolling again.

what kind of music does gbk create? ive yet to listen to them but heard great things.
Ultra-agressive, thrashy, melodic yet epic black metal. Anti-Christian and anti-Jewish in a more religious way ("The Shitagogue") although still vaguely affilliated with neo-Nazism. I strongly recommend Judeobeast Assassination, full of their trademark riffing style, dueling vocal tracks, Pink Floyd space interludes and surprisingly well written lyrics as far as theatric hyper-blasphemy goes.

I find Arghoslent to be massively overrated. Sure, they stand out in comparison to most modern death metal (melodic death in particular), yet, too many of the riffs are far too 'bouncy' and 'joyous' for my likings - the opening riff in 'Flogging the Cargo' being a prime example. I'll check this album out, nonetheless.

Yeah... riffs being "bouncy" and "joyous" is an absolutely incredible argument for them being massively overrated. And Slipknot is abso-fuckin'-lutely amazing because they've none of them damn bouncy riffs!

:Smokin:

I don't get it, some racist lyrics bother you but you think an anti-Christian and antisemitic band "sounds impressive." :loco:

If you had any level of reading comprehension you would understand I was saying the description of LBK's music as "ultra aggressive, thrashy, melodic yet epic black metal" sounds impressive, as I have never heard the band before, which I stated clearly. As for their lyrics, I can't say, as I've yet to read any. But if they're a neo nazi band and can write good music, they fall into the same category as Arghoslent: a group of ignoramuses who know how to create good music.

It isn't really that difficult of a concept to like a band's music and not agree with their message.