Arjen Lucasson, you need Neely.

OrbWeaver

BECAUSE FALCONER
Jan 15, 2007
Illinois, USA
www.myspace.com
From the most metal of unintentionally metal musicals, Ted Neely can still belt it out.

The picture is crappy, the sound is a bit strange via handheld camera, but Neely's voice is still powerful, if more gritty than it was in 1973. How many 67 year old metal singers can still hit those high notes? And yes, he was still doing this in 2010. And was still hitting those high notes.

Not quite the same singer he was in '73, but just as powerful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this song - it's just such a breathtaking tune. Its one of those songs I could listen to twenty times a day. (in fact, the entire JCS album is phenomenal).

Neely definitely still has it. Incredible for a guy his age - heck, for any guy of any age. I love the new arrangement of the song - they've changed small things here and there; I wonder if it's to better match his current range? Either way, it sounds amazing!

I think they may have arranged the tune in a different key. Neely's voice certainly sounds deeper in the above video than in the '73 movie. There's a promo video on YouTube of Neely doing this song in 2006, and he sounds pretty gravelly. But the performance still brought me near tears. Especially since it shows the reactions of the cast backstage, watching him perform the song. Very powerful.