ARK's singer, after Jorn Lande, revealed

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
I was just checking out Blabbermouth and saw news about John Macaluso's new project: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=62080

In there he reveals one of the vocalists on the album is an Adrian Holtz who "who is actually the singer we were using after Jorn Lande for the third ARK album"...

I tried to Google him and found his site, but it goes to a dead link grr: http://www.adrianholtz.com/

Anyone know more about this guy?

EDIT: Found this:
Adrian Holtz has been a performing singer/songwriter and band leader for many years.

He worked with major labels and producers like grammy award winner NEIL DORFSMAN (Sting, Tina Turner, Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen) as a Vocal Producer/Editor, Songwriter and Vocal Coach. He is the winner of 2 ASCAP AWARDS and 2 BOSTON MUSIC AWARDS and earned 7 nominations including Best Male Vocalist. Vocal Performances can be heard on various records, movies and television shows, including the major motion picture "THE OPPOSITE OF SEX" with Christina Ricci. He toured Europe and the US with several bands playing with acts like MEN AT WORK, SANTANA, VERTICAL HORIZON, LO-FIDELITY ALLSTAR, SAINT ETIENNE, GREAT BIG SEA, PRINCESS SUPERSTAR, RUBYHORSE and BLEU. His music and songs have been reviewed in many publications including BILLBOARD MAGAZINE.

Besides vocal coaching Adrian has become an experienced engineer, editor and producer of vocal tracks using newest technology and software. Over the years he has specialized in recording and editing vocals for major labels and private clients.

In his studio you will get the best vocal tracks for your album. If you don't record your own songs choose from hundreds of popular prerecorded songs that can showcase your voice.

Adrian is originally from Switzerland and graduated cum laude from Berklee College of Music in Boston. He is classically trained and studied contemporary voice in London. Currently he is working on a new Solo album.

For more information about Adrian's own music go to www.adrianholtz.com.

Saw that earlier today, but didn't have the time to do any digging. Thanks for the information. Would have been interesting for that third Ark disc to surface, but at the same time part of me is glad it hasn't.

I've heard some of this stuff on All Knowing Force Radio and it is fantastic!!

The Labrie track alone is worth the price of the CD.

Saw that earlier today, but didn't have the time to do any digging. Thanks for the information. Would have been interesting for that third Ark disc to surface, but at the same time part of me is glad it hasn't.
I'm also of two minds about it. Does anyone know why the project fell apart, if they already had a replacement lined up?

Zod

"On the record is: James LaBrie (DREAM THEATER) on vocals, the great Vitalij Kuprij on keyboards, Mike DiMeo on vocals from RIOT, Alex Masi on guitar, Marco Sfogli (JAMES LABRIE band) on guitar, Fabrizio Grossi on bass, Zey Grey on bass, Adrian Holtz on vocals, who is actually the singer we were using after Jorn Lande for the third ARK album, Don Chaffin on vocals,

JEEBUS color me interested besides being a Macaluso fan!!

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Wonder how Ark without Jorn will sound...

But the Macaluso album seems pretty interesting judging by the line-up. I will have to hear it.

Thanks for the info.

But the Macaluso album seems pretty interesting judging by the line-up. I will have to hear it.

Thanks for the info.

I think people are confused. There is no next ARK album. Mac was talking about when they had a replacement singer before everything fell apart. If Tore does a new ARK album it will be with a whole new lineup.

Bear

John told me that the record they recorded to be the third ARK would not come out.

When I last talked to John (last month) he said the mix was "finishing up" and he was really excited about how it was coming out.

John told me that the record they recorded to be the third ARK would not come out.

When I last talked to John (last month) he said the mix was "finishing up" and he was really excited about how it was coming out.

I think people are confused. There is no next ARK album. Mac was talking about when they had a replacement singer before everything fell apart. If Tore does a new ARK album it will be with a whole new lineup.

Bear

Thanks to both for clarification and info :kickass:

"On the record is: James LaBrie (DREAM THEATER) on vocals, the great Vitalij Kuprij on keyboards, Mike DiMeo on vocals from RIOT, Alex Masi on guitar, Marco Sfogli (JAMES LABRIE band) on guitar, Fabrizio Grossi on bass, Zey Grey on bass, Adrian Holtz on vocals, who is actually the singer we were using after Jorn Lande for the third ARK album, Don Chaffin on vocals,

JEEBUS color me interested besides being a Macaluso fan!!

:headbang::headbang::headbang:
+1 brutha! It would have also been cool if Macaluso could have gotten Tore and the bass player from the 2nd album (I'm too lazy to look up his name now). But then again, that would be an Ark reunion sans Jorn, on those songs they played on.

That second album's bassist was Randy Coven, and even if he appeared on the disc, that would still leave out Mats Olausson, their keyboardist. John's solo album certainly has a sweet lineup. I looked at that information on Adrian Holtz, and I guess I'd have to hear what this guy can do before passing any real judgment on whether or not he would have made a fitting replacement for Jorn. However, he certainly doesn't look the part, and though he's had plenty of training, all of his credentials point to pop music. It looks like we'll just have to hear John's solo disc to see what this guy's all about.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al