Art of Ordinary Suspects

:headbang: Oh...my....god! This is, quite possibly, the greatest thread I have encountered. I'm speechless. I've actually read through it in its entirety. For the love of god, I didn't want to miss a thing hehe. *Theme song from Armageddon plays in background.* But yeah, anyway....

Salient, I think you're quite a gifted photographer. Yes, some of it wasn't quite on par with the others, but the few that I have seen you posted up were (notably, the ocean as well as the statue and cross.) Keep it up, because you've got a fan right here.

I loved seeing all that Van Gogh being posted up by some of you, as he's probably one of the many artists I'm quite fond of. He was, an absolute genius. It's such a shame he didn't amount to a thing while he was alive. But yeah, I thought I'd post a piece from him that would fit right at home with the theme Salient strived for in this thread;

Old Man in Sorrow

van21.jpg

I think it is brilliant.

Night Cafe with Pool Table
van26.jpg

I remember falling in love with this one when taking art history back in high school. Classic setting! Kinda reminiscent of the film "Waking Life" in a sense, as it gives off this dreamy-like, floating imagery. Very unsettling. Lonesome and peaceful at the same time. The colours are warm though, which creates a rather accomodating environment. This has always been one of my faves.

Peach Tree in Bloom
van14.jpg

The colour palette is simply incredible.

Anyway, I could be wrong, but I've read lots on him and watched a biography and I believe it's safe to say Van Gogh is an artist that left behind more paintings than any other. The amount he he has created was staggering, though the exact number escapes my mind.

The_Train_in_the_Snow_1875_Marmottan.jpg

^ My fave from Monet - "The Train in the Snow." Ahh, the beautiful textures and colours. And the atmosphere that the artist conveyed here; one of bitter coldness. At least, that's the feeling that comes to mind for me.

Well, just thought I'd participate here and say a thing or two about a few pieces.​

What about Rembrandt's Parable of the Laborers in the Vineyard? That's the correct name isn't it?

I've always loved this painting for some reason...

rembrandt138.jpg

Good, this thread hasn't died yet....
Keep posting, people...

Angelina, that is a beautiful piece right there. Ahaha, finally I witness the work of an artist that the band Klimt 1918 got their name from. Thanks for that!

@Vincent J.: No prob. Pleasure is all mine. Monet is...well, undescribable.

@D3v4S7A710N: Whoa, pretty amazing stuffright there. I'm familiar with the name Rembrandt, but sadly not of his work. Thanks for the post. I'm very fond of the rusty colour palette - conveys a mood I can't quite put into words. It's warm and gives out this vibe of a very dusty kind of setting, hehe.

@Salient: All I can say is, VERY interesting pieces you have shown there. I am familiar with Matisse from Art class, but I have to look up more of his work now. Quite out of the ordinary.

Here are more of some of my favourites from Monet;

The Sunrise is an absolute classic. I'm sure everyone here knows of this painting.

Garden Lillies. I think he painted many variations of these...beautiful.

And what of Edgar Degas? Has anyone heard of him? I believe he was a part of the Romanticism/Impressionistic movement? He had some impressive paintings that seemed to consist mostly of Ballet dancers and such. But here are a few that I want to share;

Interior (The Rape)

The Laundress

Dance Class

Cabaret

The Rehearsal

...if I can only find that one we studied in art class by Degas - it was a beauty.

Ah yes, me likes Matisse as well. I've got some of his works I think.

@Alcapoth: you should check more of Klimt's works, you will like them!

And yes... the Sunrise and Lillies are a very well-known classics of Monet, and lovely ones. One I also like very much is "The Promenade".

I like Degas, though I haven't checked much of his work. I have one of the paintings of the ballet dancers... it's so nice... so sweet... Another one of those greatest artists.

My first work in "art section" been in early 2000, but real arthouse i've done in 2003. Someone in this forum could reference self "real" art-experience?

P.S: At that moment, i haven't realize much at point how art of painters making peace on ours wounded souls.

@Angelina: I will be sure to do just that. :)

And Salient, marvellous artwork right there. I knew IMMEDIATELY it was Picasso, just because he has such a unique and instantly recognizable style. So distorted/surreal/abstract...good stuff.

http://darkened-soul.narod.ru/photoalbum.html - This art my little tribute to desperated Silent Hill 2... also about couple weeks ago i finished probably my best work calling - "Sleepy Haven", it comic book, epic post-modern horror/drama about transformed time and lonely persons mysteriously split up and trapted in there. This was long work (2003-2007) wasted in despair, reflections and solitude.

P.S Yeah! It was constantly was Picasso and his "mademoiseles".

Yeah i didnt really know where to post this... I was just having a fiddle with paintshop cause i wanted to make a desktop for ''Jhva elohim meth... the revival'' Anyway i kind of got carried away and this is what i ended up with. Im happy with it since its the first time i have used paintshop other than resizing photos.

louiskatsbackgroundpb7.jpg

Very nice, gone... I find the first one to be a bit disturbing, and I like it. And the third one reminds me of something... some other pic I had somewhere I think...

So, as I love felines so much, I thought I had to post here this painting I like very much: Una and the Lion, by Briton Riviére
britonrivireunaandthelicq1.jpg

I also wanted to post another one called "Forgotten Feline" that I once found on the internet, but I don't know exactly to who it belongs so as I can't give credits, I prefer not to post it.