Art Thread

If you already have a good grasp of the filters in PS, I'd say to start ignoring them now and concentrate on learning the rest of the program. In my opinion, curves, levels, color adjustments and layer effects are the most important tools in Photoshop

I'm not saying give up on filters, but once you learn how powerful the rest of the program is and start to see the differences in results of images that were filtered and that weren't, you'll come to understand how unnecessary filters are.

Unless of course you absolutely love them. In that case, by all means... let 'er rip!

New photo:

Chilly_in_the_Fraser_Valley_by_anvilsnake.jpg

mmmm that's a tasty trip you cooked up there, Kev. Wouldn't have expected any less.

That is trippy in a bloody sort of way...I like!

Btw, I just got an offer to sculpt a 20 or 30cm figurine of Princess Zelda.
And I'm illustrating a graphic novel for a friend/author.

Holy shit. I really want to post pics soon (of the sculpture..I'll have to wait on the drawings until the book is published).

The same goes for the Alien mascot dudes...I'm still waiting on a final answer from Simon and Schuster, but I heard they really liked the sketches.

Totally crazy...I lose my unemployment, and now I have work...sweet!

...Did I already post it? Ah shit, I actually thought I hadn't posted it yet.

What is that place anyways? And did you climb to the top of it?

I did actually. It's a sister mountain to the one of who's slope I happen to be on taking the picture from. Mount Cheam is the one I'm, and that mountain I'm looking at is Ladysmith. They're part of the 3 sister Mountains. Probably the most beautiful hike in Chilliwack.