Art Thread

High rez eh? Let's see if I can recapture that moment above.

Update: Not happening. I can't take any photo I consider worthy.

It took me a long time to catch up with this thread. Everyone's art is aw some :worship:

I hope you all don't mind me throwing up mine. And bumping this thread up. On another note, I don't have a deviant art page. I just never thought about it for what ever reason. How do you guys like it?

OK here is some of mine. They are not the newest. I still need to re-hook my scanner back up from the OS re-install. I have some more on another hard drive I can't get to as well.

My Avatar <-------------- Is my favorate. It's a 2.5 by 3.5 inch charcoal, and white pastel on grey toned paper. It's my hommage to Jean Leon Gerome's Bacchante. My favorate painting :) Dang! I did not mean to make it so big.
bachante.jpg

Half finished because I got bord with it. Mermaid (I forgot which pencils I used) But this is just a sloppy sketch. 9x12
Mermaid.jpg

another sloppy sketch
GarSketch.jpg

A mini 3.5x2.5 inch
Discovery_Landing--large-msg-114317.jpg

My other favorate mini portrait 2.5x3.5 inch a young 1820 something Mary Cassatte
MaryCassatte.jpg

lol, aparently whenever I scanned it, it was large! Sorry about the size. I don't know what I'm doing when posting an image.

Great artwork!

I love the Deviant Art site, there are so many great artists on there. I find myself wandering the site for hours. You should get one.

I do the same man.

I have tons of photography I should upload, except I've been so lazy about it.

There are many problems with deviantart, one being the fact that EVERYONE is an artist. No longer is it a rare gift, but now absolutely everyone, with the new technologies and such, can take photos with one click and call themselves photographers.

Your pics are awesome, Kevin. Simply breath taking! :worship: can you give a non camera owner some pointers for when she's not so broke? allthough it will still be awhile before I can get one. :( I really need one because I hate drawing from life (And my cat won't be still for a portrait drawing lol)

Wow, five minutes? They need to do something about that.

Hey, thanks! I don't really use any special cameras, just a Sony I got on ebay for $200. As much as I'd love to have a digital SLR, I just can't afford one right now. But a lot of the point and shoot cameras out nowadays are super good. I think if you get anything modern, you'll be able to take pretty great pictures with it right out of the box.

I think the key to taking good pictures is more about trying to make them look like what you see in your head when you first think "Oh that'd be a cool picture", rather than how nice your equipment is. Of course, if you've got the good gear, it's going to make the picture even better.

Thanks again Kevin! You just tickled me pink! 200 bucks. I could have sworn you had an SLR. I'm saving for that. I was looking in all the wrong places when I entertained the idea. I was looking for a new one! that was the problem. I wanted something that took damn fine pictures so It didn't distort the image too much for drawing, or wash out the shadows that I so desperately need. I do allot of eye balling, and site taking, so I would just need the pic to be small-ish since I'm too lazy to grid. If it's more then a cross hair I usually run for cover. I know I will probably need at least a six megapixel. I tried to draw a picture of my friend Ham-Bone from a picture she had gave me. But her camera that took it is utter crap. She looks like the wicked witch from the west in my drawing lol. I think her's was a 3 megapixel. She will not be pleased when I show it to her.

I got a book from the library a long time ago (I wish I can remember the name of it) Where the woman would gather her collective photo's; put them in photoshop, and made a single picture to paint from from a bunch of shit that didn't exist. When the finished painting was done it looked like everything went together perfectly. I've so have been wanting to try that.

Thank you Cara! We almost nearly cross posted :D I'm going to have to dig the original up so you guys can see every place I fucked up on this one hahahha. I'm going to eventually buy a print of that and hang it on my wall with a shrine! It's so dreamy.