Art Thread

I'm not sure of the exact model that my flat iron is, but it's Conair brand, it's kind of a red metallic color, and it has teeth on the sides to comb your hair out while you straighten, which works very well. I got it at Wal-Mart for 40 bucks and it's the best iron I've owned!

I used to use permanent straightening chemicals on my hair (like Ogilvie brand) but had to stop that. It made my hair elastic :erk:

YAY! I got my liver slapped! :Spin:

That is what I need to do, quit wasting my money on these crappy cheapo straightening irons and get myself somthing that will last longer, and is actually good! Something that would be faster even better. If it were made easy I would do it all the time. I love how it makes my hair look.

My mom used one of those chemical straighteners on my hair when I was a kid. It made my hair feel yucky.

Most of you have seen these on my DevianTART already, but I'll post 'em here too, for those who may be interested.

Elanee (Neverwinter Nights 2) casting Barkskin on herself:
828ElaneeBarkskin.jpg

Tanira Del Rey, my Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines character:
829Tanira2.jpg

Random Samus Aran picture:
830SamusDodge.jpg

Never played FFX-2, but I liked the character portraits, this is Yuna (1 of 3)
827Yuna.jpg

... and this is Rikku (2 of 3),
826Rikku.jpg

Paine (3 of 3) is in the works

Most of you have seen these on my DevianTART already, but I'll post 'em here too, for those who may be interested.

Elanee (Neverwinter Nights 2) casting Barkskin on herself:
828ElaneeBarkskin.jpg

Tanira Del Rey, my Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines character:
829Tanira2.jpg

Random Samus Aran picture:
830SamusDodge.jpg

Never played FFX-2, but I liked the character portraits, this is Yuna (1 of 3)
827Yuna.jpg

... and this is Rikku (2 of 3),
826Rikku.jpg

Paine (3 of 3) is in the works

I can't help but say these are kick ass again! I loves em! :)

Emily, the drawing looks nice and the photo of yourself you used for it is really pretty, very feminine, but what I totally miss here (and in many of your other artworks - not the fangirl comics) is some...hm....lets say...personal touch.
(Im not sure if I can so aptly describe it in English) Many of your drawings look like you thoroughly studied a lot of informations about drawing stuff like that, but its all such...automatically working, one cannot see that you really watch and study the object you want to draw. That makes them nice but they`re lacking something, they look so...schematic...
I had this problem with my own artworks. Technically everything was fine but something was missing. And one day I forgot about the most things I read in the books, like "how to draw the perfect mouth", "how to bring sparkles in an eye"...or things like that, and I started to really watch. I studied people moving and I stopped to draw from photos, I started listening to what is inside of me and what I really SEE, and tried to bring this on canvas and paper. And this worked well.
Oh...I didnt even want to write so much, nevermind, sometimes I forget everything else when it comes to art. Nevermind.

Carina.