Art Thread

As I say on my DevianTart gallery:

I've been practicing with my Wacom for a while again, and this is what came out. It's absolutely terrible compared to what other people can make with their tablets, but for a second picture, I suppose it's not too bad. Nevermind the background, I quickly slapped that on to make the picture look a bit interesting. I did this without a model, so that's another thing in my defence. Also, after a while, I realized that a picture of 1000*1000 pixels is simply way too small to paint anything on... Well, at least, it went better when I upped it to 5000*5000.

I'm NOT interested in well-meaning, but vacuous pats on the shoulder! The reason I'm posting this is because I hope someone can tell me the things I'm doing wrong and how it could be better - I need it bad :(

824Queyli2.jpg

Better than me as far as digital painting and using the Wacom. Someone needs to show me how these people do it.

Only thing I would say is get some darker lines and that would look cool! Great so far.

Better than me as far as digital painting and using the Wacom. Someone needs to show me how these people do it.

Only thing I would say is get some darker lines and that would look cool! Great so far.

I look at a lot of people on dA and "steal" their colors with the eyedropper. After a while I could pick up appropriate colors on my own.

Stormo - My suggestion would be to use darker and/or complimentary colors. In the hair you can had some browns in the darker area and some dark brownish-purples to the face to give depth around the hairline.

This guy, Mudcat, is a friend of mine and an excellent colorist... which is mainly where I grab my colors as he has beautiful skin tones. http://m-u-d-c-a-t.deviantart.com/

Thanks. I don't get how some people can make such incredible pictures either... There must be something I'm doing totally wrong :erk:

I look at a lot of people on dA and "steal" their colors with the eyedropper. After a while I could pick up appropriate colors on my own.

Stormo - My suggestion would be to use darker and/or complimentary colors. In the hair you can had some browns in the darker area and some dark brownish-purples to the face to give depth around the hairline.

This guy, Mudcat, is a friend of mine and an excellent colorist... which is mainly where I grab my colors as he has beautiful skin tones. http://m-u-d-c-a-t.deviantart.com/
Hmm, the colour stealing isn't a bad idea... and the complementary colours too - thanks!

Oh dear God, no. I hate, with a passion, all that yoai(sp?) crap girls put up on dA. That last thing my poor little eyes needs is to be clicking a long, then see some random drawing of Snape buttraping poor Harry or Draco. And worse of all their ALMOST ALWAYS horrible large people that are creeeeeepy looking. (I reference #11).

Ahhhhhh.

Oh dear God, no. I hate, with a passion, all that yoai(sp?) crap girls put up on dA. That last thing my poor little eyes needs is to be clicking a long, then see some random drawing of Snape buttraping poor Harry or Draco. And worse of all their ALMOST ALWAYS horrible large people that are creeeeeepy looking. (I reference #11).

Ahhhhhh.
Ah yes, I noticed you hating the stupid gay (yaoi) pairings. Typical of otaku bitches that think gays are KAWAIIIIII!!!

On a related note, if anyone feels like trolling a yaoi-obsessed DeviantArt account (I know I do at times), head to http://GoddessMillenia.deviantart.com! Plz troll for great justice!