Art Thread

frame2vl9.jpg
frame7ss5.jpg

Just trying out my photoshop skills.

The second is a very moving picture. I likes it!

This is the last drawing that I finished before the move. I had to have it finished and in the mail by December 25. Normally I like to draw in drafts, but time wouldn't allow it.

It was for my friend Jami and this is her Mother and step Father. I called it True love because of the back story, and they seem very happy together.

The drawing itself I'm not super happy with the work I did here. I spotted a butt load of mistakes, but I filled the tooth of the paper so badly that I could not seem to take out or put in anymore layers anywhere. I am glad that her Mom loved the drawing. I was a little worried about that.

Rip it up guys :devil:

Tryingtosavethisdrawing.jpg

I love that drawing Morganna! It's really soft and beautiful, a lot of character in their faces. Don't worry about "mistakes" it isn't always about getting it perfect, photorealistic, I think whatever mistakes there are, only make it more charming. They do look happy :)

Thanks Jen! Ah, but I skewed the face terribly. I can't help but flog that :)

If I could draw photo realistic I would be a very happy woman. But I will get there someday.

Rip it up guys :devil:

Tryingtosavethisdrawing.jpg

It looks nice, but humbly, I think there's something wrong with the way you handle your drawings. Do you sketch them out first? because it seems to me you draw, and fill in details in small bits. This piece has all the typical errors you find in a piece that's been done without a preliminary sketch. I could be wrong, but my guess is, you're too eager to add details, and so you start doing that before the figure itself is complete, hence the distorted look. To me, it looks like your drawings could benefit from some more planning.

I don't wanna come off as a douche, but...

It looks nice, but humbly, I think there's something wrong with the way you handle your drawings. Do you sketch them out first? because it seems to me you draw, and fill in details in small bits. This piece has all the typical errors you find in a piece that's been done without a preliminary sketch. I could be wrong, but my guess is, you're too eager to add details, and so you start doing that before the figure itself is complete, hence the distorted look. To me, it looks like your drawings could benefit from some more planning.

... read that again, and then look at your own drawings.
They seem slightly undone, imo. Or maybe you want them that way. Not saying I'm better at drawing or anything since my drawings usually end up in the trashcans... just trying to help out:)

I rather like the distorted look of Morganna's drawing. Doing that on purpose could make for a really cool, creepy drawing.