Art Thread

Yeah Tyler, My reply to you was one of those classic ^ look up type posts because I would have been directly bellow you. But I ended up on the first page. :( That is a beautiful picture, in case you missed my lazy ^ quote. That ought to teach me not to sard so much!

Got a little carried away...

This is the one I got on now:
bobacommwq1.jpg

And just for giggles because I worked long enough on the skull.
bobacomm03fd4.jpg

Looks great, Em. Personally I'd advise against doing any more work on it. Sometimes less is more and this is perfect as it is. Did you photomanip or draw from scratch?

Revised my Angela drawing, since someone said the skin looked too pale compared to the clothes, and they were right.

804Angela.jpg

Also worked on Edea some more. I already had a full body piece, but I'll have to redo it since the head is too large in comparison to the body, plus the shoulders are no good - so I clipped this off at chest height.

Edea2.jpg

:( I would I could draw. My sister has all the artistic blood in my family. She's an art major and made this for me for Christmas....though christ knows what I'm going to do with a 2.5'x3' charcoal drawing of myself :err:

drawing-smaller.jpg

Wow, Stormo Angela is awesome! The skin definitely looks great :), but the pants... really, really well done! Holy crap!
Haha, thank you!

:( I would I could draw. My sister has all the artistic blood in my family. She's an art major and made this for me for Christmas....though christ knows what I'm going to do with a 2.5'x3' charcoal drawing of myself :err:
Don't wish you could draw, wishing's never made it happen. And don't fall for the old "art's in the blood". Art is not about talent. Talent, as a mate of mine once put it, "is what makes teenager A slightly better at art than teenager B, but it will never guarantee teenager A's success, and never prevent teenager B from achieving that same thing".

I was shit at art when I started - and I really mean shit - but because I loved doing it, and because I kept practicing, I got better. I'm still worthless, but at least I don't have to eat my drawings for fear that anyone might see them. I have zero talent, and I'm still making things that occasionally make ome people go, "Hey, not bad."

"Art's about talent" is a cop-out. Don't believe it. It's a cheap excuse people use because they refuse to admit that they're too lazy to practice. Art's about motivation, enjoyment, inspiration, and perseverence. And most of all, it's about loving what you do. No amount of talent can guarantee success, and no lack of talent can prevent it.

So if you want to draw, draw! Myself and most other people posting in this thread can offer loads of advice to help you get better. It's never too late, and a lack of talent should never stop you. Talent's a small head start, nothing more.

drawing-smaller.jpg

That is a great portrait though. Tell your sister congrats from us :)

I met Jeff in person... he just chuckled at Arch Enemy when they popped into a solo... Then later on I "re-met" Jeff at the tour bus. Man, he has some really soft hands.

Good start, but it could really benefit from some more care, especially your coloured planes. Got a lot of stripes and smudges there, annd it'd look infinitely better if you coloured less nonchalantly.

yeah...i kinda go willy nilly with color most of the time just focusing mainly on some key shading and thats about it..im no pro at it..*should take some art classes*
hey Steve! those are good! especially the Rei! nice work! :headbang:
im really bad at drawing bodies in that style...i usually do faces