Art Thread

Something I absent-mindedly doodled for fun - not any quality to speak of, but I do kinda like it.

747TF2.jpg

Also, current WIP

KaynraI.jpg

Oooo, I'm enjoying the stripeings!

Leave them be....texture is nice

AAAH! I was just given a small job by Simon and Schuster...to draw a bunch of cutesy alien dudes for their mascot.

Dude!

Hopefully they like the sketches, else I won't get paid good moneys :erk:

Awesome Lesa! Give us the updates. :worship:

I was playing around in Photoshop with a picture i took tonight and this eventually showed up on my screen, so I saved it.

4076710245_60c6ca75e5_o.jpg

holy shit, that is wicked!

Something I absent-mindedly doodled for fun - not any quality to speak of, but I do kinda like it.

747TF2.jpg

Also, current WIP

KaynraI.jpg

That first one is so damn fun.

Love the new WIP too. I can't wait to see those eyes finished.

Working on this little tribute to Michael Turner. It's the image on the back of a drawing book they handed out at the NY Comic Con. Didn't get to the hands because I was thoroughly freaked out by something my friend kept sending me. Fugs. 11x19in.

1106090152.jpg

I would agree with Stormie's suggestion on the arms, but hey, she's damn sexy, I'm loving her.

Kevin, your city kaleidoscope is amazing!

Stormy, I love your character doodles...are you going to color them?

Em, I wanna see the colored version!! wah!

l_8d3399e556a24178a581ed64b6a1f29d.jpg

Ominous Bloodvomit - I think I drew this after listening to Bloodbath nonstop for weeks

I was hanging out at my friend Will's house, and he has amazing blood red carpet. So this happened.

Judging from that, Bloodbath has now become fucking -ace- inspiration music. Awesome awesome job!

Stormy, I love your character doodles...are you going to color them?
I don't think so. I suck at colour... every time I sit in front of a drawing to colour it, I do nothing, because I have no idea how to begin... :(

l_8d3399e556a24178a581ed64b6a1f29d.jpg

Ominous Bloodvomit - I think I drew this after listening to Bloodbath nonstop for weeks

I was hanging out at my friend Will's house, and he has amazing blood red carpet. So this happened.
That is bloody (heh) awesome!

Thank you guys! :D

Coloring is a bitch. I refused to color any of my drawings for yeaaars...now I'm mostly comfortable with monochromatic coloring...usually blue or red...with shades of black on top, of course :)

I personally think your portraits look great with the stark contrast of dark grey/black and white..with occasionally a single color to bring out details...like the eyes :)

My teachers would always try to get me to jump out and use contrasting colors in my work, but I would HATE my finished product..beh.

Do what you're comfortable with, but try to experiment on pieces that you don't have a strong attachment to.

hrm...I find that traditional watercolor is the easiest way to get nice skin tones.

Well, that's the advantage of a tablet - you can experiment digitally. But even then, I have no idea where to start...

Yep, and I already know you color with the tablet. :)
Btw, tablets make coloring kinda awkward sometimes...it looks kinda funky, to me...too solid, too consistent.

Maybe try lighter washes of color and just slowly build them up until you're comfortable with the way it looks? Or do a light sketch with graphite, fill in the color with thin washes of watercolor, and then add the dark shades on top.

Gradually building colors is usually best. Working with bold colors right of the bat tends to scare people away from coloring all together.

I dunno if I'm making much sense...I'm pretty sure you do all of this already.

yay, delirium.