art

Interesting thread Morgana. I love the word 'art'.
I remember when I was still in school I used to sit
and write random words on all my papers/books,
and 'art' was always there... It's so arty to just
write it!!! >:eek:) Luv it!

I'll have to snooop around a bit to see if I can find
some great art that I like... I have manily seen
loads of great desktop pics on the net, cause I've
never searched for paintings etc... We'll see what
I can come up with :eek:)

I like the artwork of some great friends of mine :) Unfortunately, it's nowhere on the net shown, tho :cry:

Hmmm, I liked the cover artwork of Bathory's "Hammerheart" very much, which was a part of Sir Frank Dicksee's "A viking's last journey" :)

Rembrandt's paintings are very moody I think, and I like those alot! As well as Caspar David Friedrich's works :) (Like the cemetary pics)

I'm not much of an cultural person when it comes to art, tho...

Aaaaah, yessss....

opethalbum.jpg

blackwaterpark.jpg

Opeth.gif

I love the music, I love the albumcovers, I love the
logo, I love everything about this band >:eek:P

Now, someone hurry up and do the same thing
with Vintersorg! >:eek:)

there is a guy called richard kane ferguson who does paintings for Magic:The gathering. his paintings are amazing. he uses oil technique(I am good for literature but not for any other art expressions) and it looks so beautiful.like all windy and chaotic at times. I'll try to get some of his work here

Morgana, there's also a picture called "Dialogue with the Stars."

Anyway, for art, at least the old stuff, I like most paintings before the impressionist period, especially most of the Italian Renaissance paintings (except that the Mona Lisa is a piece of krep). Not a big fan of sculpture, but some of it's pretty decent.

Originally posted by The Nomad
Morgana, there's also a picture called "Dialogue with the Stars."

Anyway, for art, at least the old stuff, I like most paintings before the impressionist period, especially most of the Italian Renaissance paintings (except that the Mona Lisa is a piece of krep). Not a big fan of sculpture, but some of it's pretty decent.

Yeah, I know :)

No prob, Morg! :)

About those Vintersorg related pics.........oh well, I should probably shut up because I am not talented at all when it comes to drawing and stuff but.........what is this???