Looking for cover art...

Status
Not open for further replies.
How'd you get the picture of the birds? Were they flying around the tree or did you photo them separately and photoshop them in? Either way, I think it's an awesome picture... a bit more "chaotic" to my mind than the last one, but that could simply be because this one has a lot more things to catch my eye... The tree, the birds, the crosses, the dead-looking Sunflowers(?), and is that a stone path I see in the clouds there? There's a heavy set of filters on this one... As a whole I'd say this one is more "busy" but it is just as good as the previous one you posted. Quite nice.. ;)

The tree looks like it has a light burst around it for some reason. ;)

Cheers dude, The image is actually about 20 different images put together. Getting the birds was hard so i basically just drew them and then scanned and then colour overlayed them. bit o motion blur and voila. and the texture in the sky is a leaf i took a macro shot of :D

Wow affinityband your work is fantastic :D

What software do you use to create them?

Photoshop and one of these babys
nikond40x-56t.jpg

I like it even better. GREAT job. You should make some sort of forum on your website. I would frequent it for sure.

I don't know how the heck you do it... did you take a class? Or do you just experiment a lot? You take a Photoshop class? I'm starting my digital graphics class (Photoshop / Adobe Illustrator) on Monday so I'm hoping to learn how to make stuff like this, hehe.. :(

all i remember is when my graphics teacher when i was about 15 (now 19 btw)used to teach me the basics, organising layers, masks etc watched a couple of tutorials on youtube about colour layering and vector masks(dont really use them much though just because it makes it look like computer graphics rather than a photo). I dunno, i was always fairly good at transferring what was in my head onto paper/computer etc. Anyone know where i can get a cheap Graphics Tablet. Preferably a wacom?
@D3v4S7A710N lol id need more than one person for a forum. or maybe the two of us just posting one after the other :p :p If you know any bands that need albums doing i offer a pretty good rate.

I know haha. We're starting something here in Omaha here before long. If and when we get to the point where we can record, and I can't figure out anything that I like on my own, you'll definitely be the first place I'll go. I'll tell anyone who's looking for art to go to your site. I don't know how they wouldn't be impressed.

all i remember is when my graphics teacher when i was about 15 (now 19 btw)used to teach me the basics, organising layers, masks etc watched a couple of tutorials on youtube about colour layering and vector masks(dont really use them much though just because it makes it look like computer graphics rather than a photo). I dunno, i was always fairly good at transferring what was in my head onto paper/computer etc. Anyone know where i can get a cheap Graphics Tablet. Preferably a wacom?
@D3v4S7A710N lol id need more than one person for a forum. or maybe the two of us just posting one after the other :p :p If you know any bands that need albums doing i offer a pretty good rate.

I have a Wacom tablet, and to be honest, I hardly use it. I find it difficult to get comfortable with. Most of the work I do is on a MacBook Pro, so I've gotten real good with the trackpad, but if the work is very detailed, I pull out a mouse. I have seen new Wacom's that is a screen, so you can draw directly over the image on the tablet. It's VERY expensive, but looks amazing. The one I bought is 6 x 8 and I believe it was around $250 when I bought it.

I bet you can find a killer deal on an older model that someone has upgraded from on Ebay to get you started.

yeah, i was thinking on something cheap just to get the feel of it. Ive seen some of the digital paintings they do on youtube and with wacom boards (the higher models i admit). absoloutley incredible stuff really. But ive also heard its really tough to get the hang of. Also macbook pro *drool*, i would buy one i just dont have £1300 on the hip:cry:
@ D3v4S7A710N Cheers man, you dont know how much id appreciate that really.

i have a 4x5 tablet myself and hardly use it either....i find it awkward since you're not actually drawing like you would on paper so i usually only use it when masking or making complex selections.

though, the new cintiq12wx by wacom (the one paul talked about in his post) looks awesome, so i'm going to be getting that hopefully before the month is out. i have not read a bad review of it yet.

Speaking of MacBooks and tablets,

My Gateway laptop fried... I want a MacBook... but I don't have the cash either. :(

My classmate (who is painting some cool stuff for me!) uses a tablet within Photoshop to make her paintings, and it looks pretty cool. However, when my laptop fried, I lost the email she sent which said what model she used. I lost a lot of stuff. >.>

I've been watching the CES 2008 coverage on G4 (on TV), and they showed this new laptop that had a screen that would turn 180 degrees, and come down to become a tablet that you could draw on. That would be pretty awesome, as it would actually be your computer monitor plus a tablet. I don't have any experience with normal tablets so I don't really know how they work, but I must say, a thing where you could draw on the actual picture on the computer and have it go in would be an awesome experience. Sadly, again, I don't know what this laptop was called, hahah...

I tell you, this post would have been semi-worth something if I'd remember what anything was. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.