Artist inspired impulses

mickrich

Aug 2, 2007
Since my TMS_Neargal IR was so well received and I have had a couple of requests, I decided to start this thread and will put any future "artist IRs" in here.

I am making these by running an appropriate amp sim tot the return of the appropriate amp then finding a bit of a song with guitar on its own then recording a DI guitar playing the same part then tweaking EQ and mic position until it is as close as possible.
I am then capturing the IR sweep through the same settings (without the amp sim)
I will only use free amp sims or pod farm for this and will post the settings I used so you can use the same settings for the closest possible sound.
These will, of course, sound good with whatever amp sim or settings you want use and should require no further EQ to sound good.
I will do requests if
There is an free (or pod farm)amp sim that covers the rig that was used
There is a free (or pod farm) sim of the pedal that used in front of the amp (so no HM2)
There is a bit with guitar on its own
I can (more or less) play the part
I have time ;-)

TMS_Nojira
Gojira Way of All Flesh IR
Apparently unboosted 5150 with 414 mic.
I used a Neuman TLM103 since I don't have a 414.
This was a hard one to get right but I got very close.
Zip contains 44 and 48 impulses
https://copy.com/7nmA3OtJJNQEQxrQ
Settings
TITHNoxizC7nAGa1

TMS_Tom_G_Copier
Celtic Frost Monotheist
Bridge humbucker, tone down into tubescreamer into JCM800
I used the return of Marshall 6100 into marshall cab with 57 for this one
Requested by Robert W

Fucked this up.
Will redo.

Oh shit.
Forgot to turn off the pod farm cab sim for the Celtic frost one.
I will do it again properly next week.

congratulations! i would love an impulse that emulates the children of bodom's "hate crew deathroll" album (i have seen that you have covered a sinergy song once, so you should be an alexi laiho fan too), and another one for the tone of arch enemy's "wages of sin" album! those tones are some of the best i've ever heard.
"In Waves" of trivium, would be fantastic too!

Here's a few I'd be keen on seeing:

Deicide "To Hell With God"
The Black Dahlia Murder "Ritual"
As I Lay Dying "An Ocean Between Us"
Carcass "Surgical Steel"

I like how people are commenting with, "This is great. Thanks!" And then ask for more. For Pete's sake, can't you guys just be content?

With that being said, bring us some Bieber stuff ;-)

This is great!
I want this, and this, and this, and thiiiiiiiiis and then thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis and this one, and thiiiiiiiiiiiis.

Behemoth - Evangelion
Arch enemy - Doomsday machine
Devildriver -clouds over california