Artsy shit people find brilliant...You not so much.

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
O.k i'm checking out this Today is the Day mp3 of Sadness Prevails from the TITD website. WTF Is this 3 minute long scream of "I want you dead?" :p

But that's not what I made this thread over. There's this movie called "Begotten". People fucking think that a 90 minute black and white film of a chick getting her pussy prodded by shovel weilding druids is of such grand substance. See the great "metaphorical" premise is that the girl is "mother nature". Mother nature is "begotten" by "God" who stabs himself repeatedly with a dull gillett razor. But rather than coming from his lacerated bowels, she pops up from behind a chair. WTF?!?!? Then sucks him off.

So for those of you who havent seen this atrocity. I shall post the opening scene which I found on youtube. Unfortunately you'll have to mute your pc as the asshat who created it added a Marilyn Manson song to go along with it. :ill:
Nevertheless the visuals are all you need as this movie contains no dialogue other than "grunts".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezwnsbZzZUQ&search=begotten

So check out that morbid curiosity of dullness. And feel free to mention "cult classic" movies, music, books, and the sort which you honestly see no redeeming value in.

begotten.gif

Whoa, is that the cabin from The Blair Witch Project where the dude pees in the corner at the end?! Rad!

Man I like this song (yes I know what it is, I've owned it for many years now :dopey: ), and even I got bored after like 2 minutes.

Click the blue link brutha. "Mother Nature" is conceived by "God" mach 3ing his stomach, she pops up sucks him off, prods her own pussy with the eJAC, and then frolics under a pregnant moon. Later on the druids prod her pussy some more with what looks like "Turtle Wax".

This movie was heralded as "One of the most important movies of it's time".

Complete credited cast:
Brian Salzberg .... God Killing Himself

Just for that, I'm going to have to watch it now.

Another movie I find absolutely atrocious, that will more than likely have me flamed out of dodge is. "Fear and Loathing Las Vegas". What an utter steaming pile of shite. Only movie I have turned off half way through and said "Not worth my time". :ill:

NADatar said:
Complete credited cast:
Brian Salzberg .... God Killing Himself

Just for that, I'm going to have to watch it now.

Oh I thought the concept in theory was really cool. But after watching a poorly fitted mask nearly fall off of an "unshaven" God, who is non-existantly jabbing at his bread box, I had seriousl regrets. Half the time he isn't even touching himself with the razor. The kicker is that I spent a total of 3 hours in traffic round trip to watch this shitberg. See it's pretty hard to get a hold of, so I had to journey all the way to Santa Monica to pick it up.

Reign in Acai said:
Another movie I find absolutely atrocious, that will more than likely have me flamed out of dodge is. "Fear and Loathing Las Vegas". What an utter steaming pile of shite. Only movie I have turned off half way through and said "Not worth my time". :ill:
Really? Oh man I loooooove that movie! You should do more drugs. :loco:

Not even w33d? As much as I enjoy getting high the whopping 3 times I do every year, you aren't missing much. Beer tastes about a zillion times better.

This movie was heralded as "One of the most important movies of it's time".

haha ... yeah, by questionable reviewer's probably, like some guy from the Toronto Star ... did not see it, but heard all this BS about it, and after seeing that link you put up, have no desire to do so.

The director did Shadow of the Vampire next, a more conventional film, later on ... which i did see ... that one got good reviews also, but was some pretentious crap as well.

His alst film Suspect Zero, was pretty good though, in a Seven kind of way ...

Oh, yeah ... and I am with you on FALILV also ...

Do you dudes dislike other Gilliam flicks? I must be honest, I think Fear and Loathing is one of his more conventional works. By his normal standards anyhow.