Artsy thread

grisvald

Apr 29, 2009
There's probably a thread about this somewhere but I can't be bothered to look it up.
Anyways I've recently started doing some traditional painting, something I hated when i went to art school mostly, I realize now because the education was shit. Anyways I don't know a lot of good artists in the realm of traditional painting.

I like Odd Nerdrum http://www.oddnerdrum.com/frame_odd.htm

Who do you like?

theodor kittelsen because i'm a big old walking black metal cliché

NG.KH.B.00061.jpg

what is it you do there?
Noticed Max Ginsburg exhibits there, technically a great painter, but his subjects make me sleepy.

other dudes; come on, your connaisseurism ends with fancy beer and metal?

I don't know what is meant by "traditional art" tbh. If you mean classical painters I'm into dudes like Moreau, Böcklin and von Stück for the symbolists/mythologists, of course C.D. Friedrich as probably the most brilliant nature painter who ever blessed the earth.

I enjoy me some exhibitions of the whole XV-XVIth century Flemish school, and also some Italian primitive/Renaissance painters like Mantegna, Caravaggio, Botticcelli, Uccello...

what is it you do there?
Noticed Max Ginsburg exhibits there, technically a great painter, but his subjects make me sleepy.

other dudes; come on, your connaisseurism ends with fancy beer and metal?

i have a web dev. biz.
honestly all the artists in the building put me to sleep. except this guy Sean who does some awesome Lego art and probably makes a nice mint from commisioned projects http://www.seankenney.com/

I don't know what is meant by "traditional art" tbh. If you mean classical painters I'm into dudes like Moreau, Böcklin and von Stück for the symbolists/mythologists, of course C.D. Friedrich as probably the most brilliant nature painter who ever blessed the earth.

I enjoy me some exhibitions of the whole XV-XVIth century Flemish school, and also some Italian primitive/Renaissance painters like Mantegna, Caravaggio, Botticcelli, Uccello...

it's an inaccurate term from my part i guess, i mean traditional in the sense as opposed to cg-art which i've been doing for a while (photoshop etc.).

really dig most of those guys, will look up those i haven't when at home, good stuff!

I like painting of forests and mountains and lakes and such boring shit. Otherwise I don't know shit about fuck regarding art and find most "artsy art" or modern art or whatever to be fucking retarded.