OT: Official Movie Thread!

I never even heard of District 9 before I went to see it. My little bro was telling my Dad about it and they were going to go see it and they asked me to come with them, so I was like sure.
Really enjoyed it! I was at the edge of my seat through the whole thing! I'd really like to see what happens next or even how did it all begin? 9/10

I also recently saw Evil Dead 1 and 2. 1 was alright but 2 was much better... still.. I don't think I'm THAT into the movies. I'll check out 3 next.

Oh and out of curiosity I saw Caligula lol. What a piece of trash. Really.. its just.... horrible.

I also recently saw Evil Dead 1 and 2. 1 was alright but 2 was much better... still.. I don't think I'm THAT into the movies. I'll check out 3 next.

Army of Darkness is completely different from the other two. It's really not a horror movie it's more suspense-comedy-adventure like Ghost Story (which you really should see if you enjoy AoD).

I Love that movie I actually own it , I bout it used somewere Just because i love Sci Fi and when I read the cast I said what the hell , really cool movie

Is it the regular edition or the directors cut? I ask because the directors cut has some added scenes and seems a little better. I think I'm going to watch it again tonight!

I'm glad to hear that District 9 is good! I remember seeing the commercial for it and being surprised because I actually want to see it.

Is it the regular edition or the directors cut? I ask because the directors cut has some added scenes and seems a little better. I think I'm going to watch it again tonight!

I'm glad to hear that District 9 is good! I remember seeing the commercial for it and being surprised because I actually want to see it.

Ill have to check but i think its the regular edition , I just looked at the trailer for District 9 That will be my next movie to check out

Well I watched 'the titanic' yesterday with the wife. Been a decade since i've seen it, and its still as good as it was than! Which got me more piped for Cameron's next film 'Avatar'! Which from my understanding is his first since 'the Titanic' either or, can't wait to see it. I also recently saw 'Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind' (at request by gentlemen) was amazing! I also recently enjoyed 'Valkyrie' and 'Defiance' but I'm really into those styles of movies!

Just saw 2 movies within the same week (District 9 and then Inglorious Basterds 4 days later). This was strange as it is rare that I go to the theater to see a movie at all; however, District 9 looked interesting and the new Tarantino film just happened to come out right after (always go to the theater to see his movies).

District 9 was pretty decent. I too am one that usually hates the cliche "hollywood polish" that most action/sci fi movies have, so it was nice to see something different.

I was just a LITTLE bit disappointed with Inglorious Basterds; however, I was expecting a lot more than I was with District 9. I have been hearing about him making this movie for many years now and he has supposedly been working on the script as early as before the Kill Bill movies. He kept saying that this was to be is "masterpiece" film. It was quite good, but I wouldn't say it was better than Pulp Fiction or even the Kill Bill movies. One of the coolest things about the movie to me was how a big part of the movie revolved around the subject of cinema and the directors of that time period. It gets into the subject of German Nazi propaganda film making of the time and even brings up the name Reifenshtahl (sp?) a few times. Back in that time period she was Hitler's personal propaganda film maker who made Nazi pride movies.

In the end I liked both movies. I liked Inglorious Basterds more but was still a little disappointed in it as I had very high expectations for it, and had no real expectations with District 9.

I never even heard of District 9 before I went to see it.

I'd really like to see what happens next or even how did it all begin? 9/10

This is exactly why I loved it. They don't tell you. I hope they never do. The best stories are simply stories. They don't need to have a beginning, middle, and end, and follow all the conventions. That's boring. It's unrealistic and predictable. This wasn't.

I just went to watch The Taking of Pelham 123, considering the director I thought it would be a little better, it`s nothing special really, it`s very predictable, just another hostage/negociator movie with REALLY desnecesary action sequences...

Wow, from what I`m reading about District 9 it really looks like a very good movie

"I too am one that usually hates the cliche "hollywood polish" that most action/sci fi movies have..." - It´s nice to see a movie with aliens that`s not just action, not that I don`t like sci-fi movies with action, but it`s nice to see a thriller in this kind of movies, by the way, Ridley Scott is going to release a prequel to Alien if you`re interested, he`s been thinking about it for a while now.

I am interested, Alien is one of the greatest of all time!

Proulxski... you LIKED Titanic? Wow! Ugh! But I have to agree - Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is a brilliant film.

I actually thought all of the Alien movies where great - except the parts in Resurrection where Winona "I'm such a sad, emotional robot" Rider is present. What the hell were they thinking when they cast her...:puke:

I actually thought all of the Alien movies where great - except the parts in Resurrection where Winona "I'm such a sad, emotional robot" Rider are present. What the hell were they thinking when they cast her...

Agree, I`m really curious about the prequel, Alien 0. Let the monsters loose :cool:

Maybe they will show the Aliens homeworld, I`ve read interesting teories about what could the story of the movie be, from showing the space-jockeys story to showing the Aliens homeworld, if the Aliens were natural, just imagine what other animals there could be, and, if they don`t have eyes, that means that you`re left with a really dark planet full of equally destructive beasts...

All I can say is :headbang:!

Actually, doing a movie from the Xenomorph perspective, on their own world (Or wherever they came from!), would be awesome. The only problem I see is that most people don't like movies with little or no dialogue (Go ahead, ask any random person if they liked 2001...) and no human to identify with.

I hope they don't fuck it up! Even with all of the faults of the movies, there is some good ideas floating around there and it would be great if they don't cop out and fluff it up to reach a wider audience.

I've been watching a BUNCH of movies lately. Pretty much all of Stanley Kubricks movies. After I saw Clockwork Orange I was hooked... but then I saw 2001!!! Holy shit that movie blew my mind.. really it did. And then I checked out his whole back catalog. Dr. Strangelove was pretty funny and awesome. Lolita was okay. I enjoyed Barry Lyndon.

I just watched The French Connection... and I'm so confused. If you've seen the movie.. answer me this..

*spoiler alert*
WTF happened at the end?! There was a gun shot but then at the end thingy it says the french dude got away and the 2 dudes were reassigned. So what happened?!?! Could it be that Popeye got shot and the french guy ran away in time? What do you think?
*spoiler alert*

Clockwork and The Shining are excellent films. I've only seen the first half of Full Metal Jacket, which I loved, and I haven't seen, but plan on watching, Eyes Wide Shut.

My G/F got me the new Kubrick boxed set last year. 2001 will be watched eventually as well.