Movies/series thread

Rewatched one movie after over 10 years. Back then, when I was 16~~ it made me laugh. Now when im 30 it's not funny anymore, it's painful how true it is and nothing changed.

Posting a ling if anyone is curious, the movie is really good and appears to be subtitled, they dont make movies like that anymore.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0330243/
Im not gonna try to say what it's about, reviews / description should be enough.

Im actually curious how people not living in post-soviet states see this movie.

Reactions: Belac
PC strikes again.
"The most beautiful person" in Witcher series (blond hair and blue eyes) is played by another ape <3 They know what theyre doing.

First time watching japanese series / movie that is not a horror / thriller.
And the title "1 litre of tears" is not an exeggeration, I can only handle 3 episodes weekly, so around 2 more weeks before I finish it.
I can't even describe why I love this series but it just works on me, after first episode there wasn't a single one where I didn't have headache from holding back. I'm a goddamn pussy after all, but that was to be expected.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1370332/ IMDB thread and it's on youtube if anyone's interested.

Still majority of media I consume is not weeb, because there is not enough good weeb shit to sustain my needs. When there is a good chinese cartoon it's 10-12 episodes of 20 minutes each, so they dont last long.

And of course I like movies where black actors are suffering :3
Jokes aside I only hate entitled blacks (or entitled people in general) and minorities hired for the sake of diversity alone. This series wasnt the case of that, the casting was good, can't complain, they did a good job.

I have more for you - Better Call Saul, just watched the season finale and this series is just getting better and better, just like Breaking Bad. s5e9 had my butt clenched for solid 10 minutes.

Im sad there is only 1 season left, because this is quality TV where creators respect their viewers, no bullshit cliffhangers, no filler, amazing shots, plot and cast.

Rewatching time.

I never finished Lost. When I was younger I thought it was getting worse and worse. Let's see if older me still thinks this way.

After 8 episodes at least I see my man preference didnt change, still Sawyer and Sayid are husbandos and me becoming racist didn't change that.

Mind blowing that there used to be series seasons with 25 episodes. Now it's 10 or 12-13 if we're lucky.

I finally watched the Witcher. I intentionally chose to ignore posts on this board because I knew there would be weird and irrational hate no matter what.

So without giving a shit about anyone else's thoughts, having never read the books and only playing the first game (I plan to play the rest soon), I thought it was pretty good. Triss was completely miscast and a had no charisma at all, but she didn't have much to do either. That was my only real complaint aside for a few ugly costume designs.

Way back there were a lot of people bitching about Henry Cavill playing Geralt, but I thought he was awesome. He was interesting, charismatic and despite the voice he was also believable. In the first episode there was a disconnect where I kept thinking "it's Cavill making a voice", but by the second episode I started to get into it and I liked the grunts and enunciations would make similar to his portrayal in the first game. Ciri was underdeveloped so I have very little to say about her. Much like Triss she needs more screen time before I can say how good she is.

I was really confused about the timeline until around episode 5 where I started to realize that it was three different timeline's converging. It was executed in a way that was pretty confusing for a first time viewer, but it also did a really good job of introducing the principle characters, explaining who they are, where they come from and how they come to meet each other. The first season is just a weird meta story, but once I understood it I really liked it. I have never seen a show tell a story in that way before.

So I don't care about haters, I am looking forward to season 2.

It's easier to stand Cavills grunting when you played witcher games in english where he sounds like a fucking batman with sore throat trying to sound like Solid Snake.

But Cavill really quick stopped being an issue when they just raped source material. And Nilfgaard armors. For casuals stuck in the 90's fantasy series it's good, for ubermensch it's trash.

I have never seen a show tell a story in that way before.

really? Sounds oike every other shitty series with trash plot that just tries to look deep and complicated

Because it is a thread of discussing about movies and series so I want to discuss about anime series one-piece. One-piece is very interesting and entertaining series, it's graphics is also is very awesome.

o0D4MVq.gif

Just seen Don't Look Up, can't remember the last time I laughed so much. Great cast, great premise, just the right balance of over the top and clever and subtle stuff. Fucking 8.5/10 from me :kickass: