Ask Phelice a question (about Bochum)

So go ahead :D

Good on ya, pally. ;)

Here are some questions i think would be of interest to anyone who is considering making the journey:

- Are there any must-see tourist attractions around the city that people should plan on visiting?

- In your estimation, how much money should people plan on spending for 4 days and nights of eating and drinking?

- For us stupid monolingual North Americans, will we face any significant language barriers? Should we start brushing up on our old German language schoolbooks?

- Are there any kind of items or mementos from overseas that a certain forum member from Germany would appreciate receiving as a gift for her helpfulness and all around awesomeness? ;)

Y0 Phelice! Im going to arrive in Frankfurt on Christmas eve, then from there i wouldnt have a clue what im doing. How far are you from Bochum? Could you hook a brother out with a Crib to stay for a couple of nights? haha.

Gazz get your money together man!! Its fucking hard to find flights, and they are only gonna get more and more expensive as the weeks go on.

Y0 Phelice! Im going to arrive in Frankfurt on Christmas eve, then from there i wouldnt have a clue what im doing. How far are you from Bochum? Could you hook a brother out with a Crib to stay for a couple of nights? haha.

Gazz get your money together man!! Its fucking hard to find flights, and they are only gonna get more and more expensive as the weeks go on.

Have you completed the strange, archaic process of purchasing the concert tickets yet? It's like :loco:.

My guess is the tix are gonna sell out fast, so it will be the early thrasher who thrashes the thrash, methinks..

i got the email with the invoice number and stuf...

hey V....i think i'm going to be going to frankfurt then train to Dusseldorf ....i wouldn't be leaving until boxing day....you be in Dusseldorf by then or in frankfurt still?

i'll probably stay in Frankfurt for a night or 2, see any shit i wanna see, and head to Buchom by boxing day/27th. I just fuckn wish i could get some dam work to build the spending money up, t'is bullshit, both my jobs are quiet, WHY NOW?!?!

calm down brother............lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! money is coming my way thanks to mum and dad. brutal cunts, seriously. will have everything booked by the end of the week! wooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good on ya, pally. ;)

Here are some questions i think would be of interest to anyone who is considering making the journey:

- Are there any must-see tourist attractions around the city that people should plan on visiting?

No. Not in Bochum itself. But there are a few nice places you can visit. Depending on what you want to see. Nature, party, drinking, and of course -if you are rich and dont know where to spend your money- you can always visit our animal shelter :p

- In your estimation, how much money should people plan on spending for 4 days and nights of eating and drinking?
Again: Depends :D On how much you want to drink and what. Alcohol is much cheaper than e.g. in Sweden or Denmark or something. I dunno the prices in USA.
Me and my people spend average 20€ per person an evening. We will have predrinking I think, so it won't be that expensive. I would count about 50€ for all 4 nights.

- For us stupid monolingual North Americans, will we face any significant language barriers? Should we start brushing up on our old German language schoolbooks?
Everyone here speaks english, so you won't have any problems. But we germans do find it very cute to hear americans saying "dankeschön" or "guten Tag" or even "Streichholzschächtelchen" :D

- Are there any kind of items or mementos from overseas that a certain forum member from Germany would appreciate receiving as a gift for her helpfulness and all around awesomeness? ;)

In this order:
American cigarettes (I was always curious what they taste like), Met (self-brewed prefered), Sheridan's, Whiskey, Bailey's, well and anything else you would like to destroy along with us.

About the night's lodging thing:
As I said, I only have room for 3-4 people. I will pick those of you who I think can behave best. Beave and Vilewoman I know best from here, so you two have your place save. Gazza, you will first have to convince me that you won't disassemble my house when you are drunk :lol::lol::lol:
Don't worry guys, as mentioned, I have some friends who owe me a favour ;)

yeh that ticket thing is a bit weird, im waiting on an email with the invoice & all that shit. It better sell out! how big will the crowd be? does anyone know anything about the place its at?

The Zeche in Bochum is the place where I visited my first concert ever. Don't ask for the band's name, I won't tell. I estimate 1000 people will fit in there. It is not the largest location, I have to say. But a very nice place to hang out tho. The prices are fair, too.

Will a carton of American Spirit smokes and a promise to be on my best behavior win me any points? I'd much rather stay with a local than in any hotel that I could afford. In any event, it is a really nice gesture for your to offer. (I am seriously hoping that due to my n00b status, this post isn't in poor taste.)

Still waiting to get my tickets. Got the email that my order was received but waiting for it to process...I guess.

No. Not in Bochum itself. But there are a few nice places you can visit. Depending on what you want to see. Nature, party, drinking, and of course -if you are rich and dont know where to spend your money- you can always visit our animal shelter :p

Again: Depends :D On how much you want to drink and what. Alcohol is much cheaper than e.g. in Sweden or Denmark or something. I dunno the prices in USA.
Me and my people spend average 20€ per person an evening. We will have predrinking I think, so it won't be that expensive. I would count about 50€ for all 4 nights.

Everyone here speaks english, so you won't have any problems. But we germans do find it very cute to hear americans saying "dankeschön" or "guten Tag" or even "Streichholzschächtelchen" :D

In this order:
American cigarettes (I was always curious what they taste like), Met (self-brewed prefered), Sheridan's, Whiskey, Bailey's, well and anything else you would like to destroy along with us.

About the night's lodging thing:
As I said, I only have room for 3-4 people. I will pick those of you who I think can behave best. Beave and Vilewoman I know best from here, so you two have your place save. Gazza, you will first have to convince me that you won't disassemble my house when you are drunk :lol::lol::lol:
Don't worry guys, as mentioned, I have some friends who owe me a favour ;)

i promise not to destroy your house or any other surrounds...i may be Aussie but i do know when to draw the line :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

the only thing i'll be destroying is my head and neck....and maybe rhonda cause i <3 her hehehehehhehehehehe :headbang:

i promise not to destroy your house or any other surrounds...i may be Aussie but i do know when to draw the line :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

the only thing i'll be destroying is my head and neck....and maybe rhonda cause i <3 her hehehehehhehehehehe :headbang:

I fight back =P :lol::lol::lol: Ooo no destroying at the show, I am not getting kicked out for any reason! I'll kick your ass later, in the alley! muhahahha
I'll bring you (Tina) a carton of smokes, just tell me what brand you are most curious about.
OH and we all have to pick on Fester, it's my law :heh:

By the Gods this going to be fun! :kickass::kickass:

I fight back =P :lol::lol::lol: Ooo no destroying at the show, I am not getting kicked out for any reason! I'll kick your ass later, in the alley! muhahahha
I'll bring you (Tina) a carton of smokes, just tell me what brand you are most curious about.
OH and we all have to pick on Fester, it's my law :heh:

By the Gods this going to be fun! :kickass::kickass:

this is why i <3 you...you're so much fun xo