Ask Amon Amarth a question (about the new album)

Did you, Johan H, find any difficulties in producing the right vocal sound for this album and if so what and how did you overcome them?

Justin, Melbourne, Australia

Twilight of the Thundergod seems to me an album mainly about Thor, suported by the impression of the frst comic. Although it would be a great album concept but wouldnt they have songs about other subject matters? will there ever be a song about the sagas' heroes like Egill or Gislì? or i guess another whole album could be dedicated to him (Egill) - right? :D

-Karyn, Québec

Whens the tour coming to western canada? or, alternately, will a tour reaching western canada ever happen?

Yeah, I guess I did... is it not? I only own the WOoOs album, so to me those are old school... sorry if it is not. Like I've said before, I am new to Amon Amarth, so I guess everything outside of WOoOS is 'old school' to me. I can't get enough of 'Death in Fire' or 'Pursuit of Vikings' though...

Once Sent could be called old school...tbh the AA stuff I consider old school is the pre-Viking stuff like Army Of Darkness and Atrocious Humanity. All the Viking stuff is stylistically similar enough that I don't really consider the older albums old school, although now that I think about it they are.
Anyhow, Pursuit of Vikings is anything but old school.

I'm not sure if this has been dealt with, but will there be songs not in English, like "Siegreicher Marsch", on the new one? I always thought the different cadence of German made the growls stand out more than the rest of the songs.

Seth Miller, Farmington, New Mexico, United States of America.

first- i forgot i was a member here.
second - i think everyone has already covered my questions about the new album.
third - i think it is awesome that you guys are doing special shows that will showcase your first 4 albums in their entirety. you say you are recording these shows. will the be released on a kickass DVD someday soon i hope?

I'm not sure if this has been dealt with, but will there be songs not in English, like "Siegreicher Marsch", on the new one? I always thought the different cadence of German made the growls stand out more than the rest of the songs.
That was a rerecording of Victorious March in German, you realize?
I'd like to hear Death In Fire in German, though.

The gig in December is getting filmed, so with any luck that will be the next dvd, all 4 shows on a dvd or 2 would be killer.
"Killer." That's an interesting way of putting it. I would say rather that it will be
LeeFisk.jpg

When in the writing process for this album and possibly other albums previously have you found that it is hard to come up with a song that is worthy of the album or do you find it easier to write lots of material and keep the ones you think are the best? Like coming up with say 20 songs and narrowing it down to an album?

I have two questions:

1.) Not to sound like a dick (I love your music...), but the last few Amon Amarth releases have sounded sort of similar, as if the songs were all written at the same time and broken up into a few albums. Obviously there is a signature Amon Amarth "sound" and I'm fine with that. Do you have any intention of going in any new directions with the new album?

2.) WHY ARE YOU PLAYING TWO SHOWS IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUT ONLY ONE IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA?????????

Thanks,
Jake Kobrin, San Francisco, California, United States of America

Enjoyed reading them answering the questions. Even if they did answer the same question various times. My question got put in! Looking forward to the album! :headbang:

Also, does anyone know if the limited edition of the album, that comes with the added CD and DVD, will be available in Australia? I fucking hope so because I will definately get a copy of it if it is.