New Amon Amarth Album

Finally got to watch the video. That was epic. I'm thinking you guys in Europe are definitely going to see some on stage Jomsviking action at the bigger shows.

23Apr16 in Boston for me. I'm doing the meet and greet. I've seen them in concert many times but have never met them. Can't wait!

Some people have the new album already (from pre-order) it seems. Agh, I want it already

Raise your horns was a great song too! Only heard it once in the morning. Seems like it´s gone from youtube now....

Well, i've listened to the whole album, DAMN it is so good, very different from what we know from Amon Amarth but still it is Amon Amarth, the only thing i don't like is Doro's voice

I have listened to it once so far. It is different. I think "First Kill" and "At Dawn's First Light" are the most "typical" Amon Amarth. I'll be listening to it several more times today.
One thing I found interesting is how many reviewers did not like the song with Doro Pesch. Based on the reviewers comments I thought it was going to be a slow, ballad like love song. It's not. It's freaking intense and I really like it!
So far, to me, the stand out songs are "One Thousand Burning Arrows", "A Dream That Cannot Be" and "The Way of Vikings".
On another note, to all of you in Europe who are going to the release shows, please keep your eyes open and stay safe. Once again, today's events in Brussels prove this world is a complete mess.

I have listened to it once so far. It is different. I think "First Kill" and "At Dawn's First Light" are the most "typical" Amon Amarth. I'll be listening to it several more times today.
One thing I found interesting is how many reviewers did not like the song with Doro Pesch. Based on the reviewers comments I thought it was going to be a slow, ballad like love song. It's not. It's freaking intense and I really like it!
So far, to me, the stand out songs are "One Thousand Burning Arrows", "A Dream That Cannot Be" and "The Way of Vikings".
On another note, to all of you in Europe who are going to the release shows, please keep your eyes open and stay safe. Once again, today's events in Brussels prove this world is a complete mess.

One Thousand Burning Arrows is my favorite up untill now

I'm going to the Paris show tomorrow, to be honest i'm quit disturbed but hey, life is life, there's more chance to die in a car accident than in a terrorist attack, so let's enjoy our lives while we are still here

I've gone through it three or four times now. It gets better with each listen. Of the last three albums ("SR", "DotG" and "J") it is easily the best in my opinion. Though it is a concept album each song stands on its own. At the end of the day I only thought three or four songs were really good on "DotG". About the same on "SR". I think that number will be much higher on "Jomsviking". I'm not saying it will be better than "WOoOS", "TotTg" or "VtW" but it is certainly the best they have done since that golden era. People will get hung up on the Doro Pesch track but it really isn't that bad!
VikingMan, have a great time tomorrow! Give us an update on how they look live this time around. They haven't done a show in a loooong time.

Okay, I've listened to Jomsviking many times now and I feel very comfortable making the following statement.

Jomsviking kicks ass as well as ANY previous Amon Amarth album. It is on par with, if not better than (as a whole), both Twilight of the Thundergod and With Oden on Our Side.

This is only my opinion, of course. The album isn't even officially out yet! To me it easily fits in with the best AA has ever produced, Versus..., With Oden..., Twilight...

Reactions: AndY.
That sounds really promising thornh. The With Oden / Twilight of era is my favourite one.
I really hope to get the album(s) today. Can't wait any longer :erk: