Astoria gig.

Paxoman

Sep 10, 2002
A stranger in a strange land!
Visit site
We started arranging the Astoria meet up about six months ago. But now it is only just over a week away, no one is mentioning it! So what is happening? I'm going along with 9 other people, and we are going to the Crow bar (next to the Borderline, just off Charing Cross Road). I think most of them will be getting there about 6pm, but me and Sammi will probably get down there earlier. So if anyone wants to suggest a meeting place, or just come along to the Crow bar, then lets do it!

Wilks - bring lots of money, me, Sammi, and Fingers will be thirsty! :kickass: :lol:

Hi guys, long time no talk.

I am still alive and kicking and will be going to the Astoria gig. So I will get myself to the Crow bar and hopefully meet up with you lot. Look out for a handsome bald bloke! :headbang:

Black Lagoon said:
Hi guys, long time no talk.

I am still alive and kicking and will be going to the Astoria gig. So I will get myself to the Crow bar and hopefully meet up with you lot. Look out for a handsome bald bloke! :headbang:

I will be in the crow bar too,i am also handsome and bald.Are all Saxon fans handsome and bald (even the girls) :tickled:

I'll be there Pax from about 6pm.

Any chance of some accurate directions Pax, just off Charring Cross Road !!! we are not talking about a small village like Madchester.

Cheers

Fingers

P.S. Good to hear you are coming up Lagoon don't lose your phone eh!!! By the way I'm down your end (Plymouth) end of Oct.

Just read me message on the other fred,Hows its going Mr Lagoon I Remember the last Asoria gig when you couldnt make it.Now know how you were feeling.I doubt I have to tell to rock twice as hard this time.I wish I could be at the front with you lot drunk as hell and rocking like a demon.

Fingers (and everyone else!) - The Crow bar is right next to the Borderline on Manette Street. If you are walking up Charing Cross Road from Charing Cross station, Manette Street is on the left hand side. It's the first left after what used to be the Moon Under Water (now Lloyds bar I think). Manette street is on the same side as the Astoria, but before you get to the Astoria. I think it is more or less opposite the Salsa bar. If anyone else needs more info, feel free to contact me.

Oh, and the Crow bar is open until 3am!

Gonna take you to a crow bar! crow bar! crow bar!

Try and meet you there Pax. I'll get to London about 3pm so straight to the pub for me. We are setting off from Lincoln about 12.00. Probably drunk when you see us.

Is it going to sell out?

okay i was hoping to get a getogether at the ship...but every time i come to london it is closed or opening late ....so thats a shit pub then!

so i will be around london from about 3pm and heading toward the Intrepid Fox (like thats an old haunt and just has to be visited ..many a drunken night in there my friends)...and then yes i know the Crow bar so i'll drag those that are in the fox to that particular rendezvous for a few beers..it's a cool place although real beer is pretty limited.

okay apparently the pub / bar to head to in Wolves is something called the Tomb......personally i have never heard of it but it is very close to the venue.........but seeing as i am staying in a pub do i really need to go any where before hand.....er i think not........

cool Paxoman same stop over we shall have to have a chat and a beer...fear not i will try to be reasonably sober (yes i know i sound like a bit of a pissed head sometimes but honestly i'm okay most of the time..but give me a saxon gig or wildhearts or Quireboys gig and i can go over my limit sometimes! but hey thats rock n roll right!!)

Wilks .....so sorry to hear you can not make either gig.man that is just bad news....well next year just book all your holidays off before all the other peoples!!!! catch you soon i hope.

see you all on saturday.hey anyone else going to Magnum on friday????????

From what I remember of the Crow bar they don't sell pints, just bottles. Is that right Peter? I haven't been in there for a long time. We will be hitting London before 6pm I should imagine, so will probably get tanked up somewhere else before heading for the Crow bar. So probably see you in the Intrepid Fox Peter.

Peter - What time will you be getting to Wolverhampton? Looking at the map, the Wheatsheaf isn't that far from the Wulfrun. I should imagine the pubs around the Wulfrun will be packed, so it might be just as well to drink in the place we are staying at! Is London boy going to the Wolverhampton gig?

SaxonMckenz - I don't know how tickets are going, so don't know if it will be a sell out, but I hope so! Will be good to meet up with you again.

Papa Roach on Wednesday, and Saxon on Saturday and Monday. Three gigs in six days in three different cities, I feel like I'm going on tour!!!

Cheers Pete.When we all meet which I am sure we shall one day Its gonna be a laugh and a great piss up.It would be great to meet up for a Saxon gig sometime we have on this forum for 2 years now and the people I met at the last astoria gig were great.

Pax- I'll be in Wolverhampton on Sunday as i am seeing friends there in the evening and on monday daytime. Yep London Boy is coming along to (he had better turn up he has my tix) and is also staying at the Wheatsheaf...he is also seeing Slayer on tuesday in birmingham although i am leaving that day, don't mind them but it really is a support slot for them think it is slipknot who headline that one (London boy says he is leaving after slayer have been on!)
Yep unfortunately at the crow bar they sell bottles only. If you are down early then head for the Fox for a beer.
see you all soon. Off to have an afternoon kip! was out late lastnight at someones birthday! More beer oh dear! :headbang: :headbang:

Ok My PC is well Fu*ked! I'm also on here as London Boy but I'll explain at the Crow Bar on Saturday I'll be there around 5.30pm! Looking forward to it! The t-shirts look good too! Totally looking forward to Wolves gig too! (Pete I mentioned the Tomb as It has a real Heavy Metal type name!) I should be In wolves for 13.30 on Monday!

Slayer on the tues should be cool too! Only wanna see Hatebreed and Slayer I won't be watching Shi*knott! hope the NIA is a good venue! with good sound unlike Wembley Arena!

Anyway Catch you all Sat!

Mark (London Boy and Trooper11015)

I am totally on tour for this gig. On the same day I am seeing Therapy? in Camberely where they are playing in The Rock Box record shop for half an Hour, then on to London for Saxon.
Sunday - Ginger @ Winchester on the way home.
Monday - Magnum @ Exeter
Tuesday - Viking Skull @ Plymouth
Friday - Slayer/Slipknot/Hatebreed/Mastadon @ Cardiff

Think I might be skint afterwards! Looking forward to meeting everyone and sharing a beer or eight!

Paxoman said:
From what I remember of the Crow bar they don't sell pints, just bottles. Is that right Peter? I haven't been in there for a long time. We will be hitting London before 6pm I should imagine, so will probably get tanked up somewhere else before heading for the Crow bar. So probably see you in the Intrepid Fox Peter.
BOTTLES BEER ???????

DON'T SELL PINTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pax what have they done to you Ooop North ? :erk: ?

For those meeting Saturday pub details are as follows, hope to see you all there.

:wave:

Meet for BEERS before 6pm

Intrepid Fox
97-99 Wardour St
London
W1F 0UF

Meet for BEERS after 6pm

Crobar
17 Manette St/Soho
London
W1D 4AS