Astra - From Within (RIYL: Circus Maximus, Symphony X)

zedowns

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles
http://www.myspace.com/astraprog

I just recently got a major haul of discs that I've been listening to on shuffle for the past couple of days. The moment "Save Another Day" by Astra came on I needed to come here and voice my opinion about it.

To my surprise this band hasn't been discussed at all! This would totally appeal to the board, if you like crunch in your Prog Metal this has plenty. If you love your Prog Metal to have a touch of AOR, then this is for you. From Within easily beats out the new Pathosray and most of the other new prog discs being discussed around here.

Seriously, check this disc out. You will not be disappointed.

This will be included in my next batch of CD's that I purchase. I've heard it a few times already on internet radio and liked it very much!

They are an awesome band. I just got back from playing a few shows with them in Italy. Titta is a great singer and the whole band are super cool guys. They are on Lion Music with my band Ashent. Definately check them out:headbang:

Good stuff from this band...obvious Dream Theater influence with some of the song structuring, not as technical but good nonetheless, and Russell Allen in the vocals. They put it together very well. Now that I mentioned Dream Theater influence that probably killed it for most of this board with the DT haters that exist here. Oops...LOL.