At The Gates

BurzumBeast

Darksol
May 18, 2001
Vinland
hometown.aol.com
I just thought it would be nice to throw out a poll: what is your favorit At The Gates ablum? Mine is "Slaugter Of The Soul," which is pretty much a common response when this question is asked. Yours thoughts? Also, what are your thoughts on The Haunted? I think they're the most impressive thrash metal band I've ever heard, but maybe it's just me.

Slaughter of the Soul would also have to be my favorite, what can I say that album is killer. As for The Haunted thats one band I have only heard a few songs of "Bury Your Dead" is awesome, I will have to pick up something of theirs.

Well, Slaughter is my favourite album of all time. Fucking brilliant from start to finish. The other albums are pretty cool too, but nothing like SotS.

The Haunted, yeah I'm quite a fan. Prefer AtG, but they still rock. I reckon the new album is better than the first, which I thought got a bit repetitive.

Yesterday, I was lazily lying in bed and flipping through channels, when I could have sworn I heard part of "Bury Your Dead." As it turns out, I did. MTV News did a small bit on The Haunted. This is something I would have never expected. Also, I found it quite humorous that the anchor said that The Haunted were touring with Cannibal Corpse and Dimmu "Borjeer." At least he could have bothered to learn how to pronounce Dimmu Borgir. But I didn't expect anything more from MTV, they are morons and that's the nicest thing I can say about them.

I think Slaughter of the soul is the best ATG album, the production is much better than on their earlier albums.

The haunted is damn good, but I think the first album is better than 'The haunted made me do it'... Marco Aro is a good vocalist but he's nowhere near as good as Dolving (he was the vocalist in the haunted on the first album).

By the way, here's a link where you can see the haunted on mtv news, just paste it into realplayer:
rtsp://mtv.nvglb.com/mtv/excite/r2/yhif052101_mtv_e2.rm

well well....slaughter of the soul is cool.....but my fave one is "gardens of grief".......really impressive and extreme...and in some way depressive......
I'm also a bit obsessed with "Terminal spirit Disease",too.......

anyway At the gates rule!!! so I rate all the albums with 10/10.....
hehe i'm kinda obsessed :)

The haunted rule,too!!!
and if you ever have the chance to see them live,do so...it's totally cool and awesome.....I've seen them 3 times.... (symbolic number ; ) )........ Aro is maybe the greatest frontman ever!!! totally psycho : ))
but i guess he should use that "malakes" word that much :p

THA HAUNTED RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
COOL BOYS......:heh:

"Slaughter of the Soul" is my favorite At The Gates album.
About The Haunted,.. well is a great band I´ve got their first one and it really rocks, great riffs. I´ve got to see them live!!!

I like the first Haunted a lot, but feel there's a lot more diversity on the new one. I felt the first was a couple of songs too long, but Made Me Do It is about right.

Well,Slaughter Of The Soul is just a complete masterpiece.Talk about a real swansong there.
The Haunted is one of the worlds greatest metal acts around today,but it is another thing than At The Gates.
Have you heard Witchery(with Jensen)?

I know the topic here is about At The Gates and The Haunted.
And the step from The Haunted would be to Witchery((with the riff master Patrik Jensen)
To all of you who likes The Haunted and havent heard Witchery I can strongly recommend them.You wont be dissipointed.

Originally posted by Melancholia
well well....slaughter of the soul is cool.....but my fave one is "gardens of grief".......really impressive and extreme...and in some way depressive......
I'm also a bit obsessed with "Terminal spirit Disease",too.......

anyway At the gates rule!!! so I rate all the albums with 10/10.....
hehe i'm kinda obsessed :)
SotS is everyone's fav. but even I like the earlier gloomy,melancholic stuff more..esp. The Red in...
But still if I had to rate SotS, it had to be a 10/10 cos inspite of not being ATG's best, it still kicks ass bigtime..