Atlanta City Pass!!

Savage Pumpkin

AKA Mr. Future World
Sep 6, 2008
Skokie, IL
I just discovered this and for those of you like myself that are coming in to Atlanta early (Tuesday) to do the tourist thing. This is perfect. I have copy/ pasted the details here along with the link. Good deal!

$69 For entry to:

Georgia Aquarium - Expedited Entry
World of Coca-Cola
Zoo Atlanta
Inside CNN Studio Tour

Fernbank Museum of Natural History
OR
Atlanta Botanical Garden
High Museum of Art
OR
Atlanta History Center

http://www.citypass.com/city/atlanta.html?id=doxeGasc

Who has time to do THAT much shit during ProgPower? :lol: I do want to go to the aquarium this year, though... I still haven't been.

The only thing worth going in for at World of Coke was the last room where you could try all the different flavors. Fuck some of those were AWESOME.

Some are awesome, others are fucking nasty :ill::lol:

I agree, though, that's definitely the best part of that museum...plus, I always thought the soda fountain that launches the soda in an arc from about a 5' distance into your cup was awesome...do they have that at the new building?

I think they still do! You're right I remember tasting a Coke from either Iran or Iraq and it was so bitter I had to spit it out. But it was awesome tricking my friends into tasting it saying it was the best one I ever tasted. It was horrid!:puke::puke::puke:

Same here. I want to get to the aquarium before they kill off ALL the whale sharks. :erk:

:lol: :lol:

The only thing worth going in for at World of Coke was the last room where you could try all the different flavors. Fuck some of those were AWESOME.

And some of them, I'm told, are dreadful! (I've heard stories about one flavor from Italy, I think it was........)

I'd get one of those Atlanta passes m'self if I wasn't working on Wednesday. Hmm, there is Sunday after PP, I suppose.... (Dragon*Con will take up the first part of the week into Tuesday.)

The aquarium takes about 1.5 - 2.5 hours. Right across from it is Coca Cola. Know, that the parking is ~$10. ZooAtlanta parking is free. Personally, I didn't feel like I got my $27 worth from the aquarium.

I might check out High Museum. We're doing at least one day of tourism though now it might be Thursday instead of Wed. On Thursdays the museum is half price from 4-8.

Leonardo da Vinci: Hand of the Genius
October 6, 2009 through February 21, 2010
This first exhibition to showcase Leonardo's interest in and influence on sculpture will include works from his teachers and students, in addition to numerous sketches and studies for his own sculptural work.

Louvre Atlanta: The Louvre and the Masterpiece
Through September 13, 2009 This exhibition will explore how the definition of a "masterpiece" has changed over time, featuring 91 works of art drawn from all eight of the Musée du Louvre's collection areas, spanning 4,000 years.

I might check out High Museum. We're doing at least one day of tourism though now it might be Thursday instead of Wed. On Thursdays the museum is half price from 4-8.

Leonardo da Vinci: Hand of the Genius
October 6, 2009 through February 21, 2010
This first exhibition to showcase Leonardo's interest in and influence on sculpture will include works from his teachers and students, in addition to numerous sketches and studies for his own sculptural work.

Louvre Atlanta: The Louvre and the Masterpiece
Through September 13, 2009 This exhibition will explore how the definition of a "masterpiece" has changed over time, featuring 91 works of art drawn from all eight of the Musée du Louvre's collection areas, spanning 4,000 years.

I highly recommend the High for art lovers (like myself)!

It's not much use to those traveling into ATL for ProgPower, but currently, they have a Monet waterlilies exhibit through Aug. 23. :)

http://www.high.org

EDIT: I forgot to add that the museum is less than 1 mile from Center Stage & that it's closed on Mondays

~ Jen

Whoops. Posted the da Vinci one by mistake (would have been awesome if that was there during PP though)

Alec Soth: Black Line of Woods
August 8, 2009 through January 3, 2010 Black Line of Woods comprises twelve large archival pigment prints that explore spiritual and hermetic life in the rural South. These photographs are part of the "Picturing the South" commission by the High Museum of Art.

The High art museum was just getting a new exhibit (I think it was the Louvre exhibit but I can't be sure) when me n' some pals hit it at PP 8... But it wasn't open on the day we went... The place as a whole was ok...

The first floor of exhibits was by far my fave... the top floor was just a waste of space.. Modern art that anyone could've done - seriously, hanging 15 pieces of glass between a square of steel is NOT art, it's a waste of building supplies. What I loved about the top floor - it's layout; very bright, open... the art was pretty much zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. It didn't say a damn thing...

Worth the $15?? Eh, it was something to do...

(I would like to say tho, I live in DC - there is no charge for the majority of the museums here and we have really high quality art, relics, etc. I could be really spoiled and those that don't have access to such stuff where they live could really enjoy the museum where I couldn't)

Hey Claus you should try the World Of Coke too. Not only is it right next to the Aquarium but if you buy both tickets at the same time (at the ticket window) you get a real good price.

Speaking as a local, it's a damn good deal! Why not get here a day earlier than planned and give our economy an even bigger boost? We thank you for your support! Welcome to Atlanta, y'all! Come back when you can stay longer!

Hey Claus you should try the World Of Coke too. Not only is it right next to the Aquarium but if you buy both tickets at the same time (at the ticket window) you get a real good price.

We did that one year (when the museum was somewhere else downtown ... can't remember the name of the place they used to have it) - it was boring:)