ATTN: JayKeeley

hehe ... thanks duders.
no one night stands, its someone I've been with almost 2 year already.
i realized when i don't tout my S/O's on forum boards its usually a good sign for the relationship ...

The seed was planted yesterday; however, lurch is so potent that the baby only needs 2/3rds the amount of time to develop into a fully 3 foot tall human being at birth.

lurch, just bump this thread in six months and J., JayKeeley, and I will tell you how it's done :lol:

Even when I am being selfish, I have a pang of conscientiousness. If you want to be a good parent, you have to come to the realization that life is no longer yours. That, in turn, gives you a new identity and a new purpose in life. It's actually quite refreshing.

Perfectly stated! I still wrestle with this from time to time. :erk:

This is a great thread. I have wondered many times how a few of you have time to know so much music so intimately, travel overseas to shows, etc. I obviously don't know any of you guys, but I have gathered that at least a few of you have children, jobs, etc. I've got 2 kids (both boys, ages 3 & 6) and, between work and my duties as a husband and father, I barely have time to wipe let alone listen to dozens of albums each week. Any free time I do have is generally when everyone else is asleep. Then I don't really listen to music because their bedrooms are directly above the room I'd listen to it in. I also don't use headphones because I'm afraid one of them will wake up or start calling for me, I won't hear it, and it will wake my wife up. The least I can do if I am up playing record label guy is be there for the kids if they wake up for some reason and let her sleep. So...even when I am most "free", I am generally unable to really listen to anything. :cry:

I don't even know what my point was here. Great thread.

Ass Magnet! I forgot about you, dude. Sorry!
I second all the headphone thoughts - it's damn near impossible because it's so irresponsible.

:lol: Ass Magnet. I might change the name of the label to Ass Magnet. It would probably attract more attention, if nothing else.

There's a constant struggle between my undying need to rock out with my cock out and my need to dedicate myself to my wife and kids. The parental duties always win out, but there have been a few good battles over the past 6 years. Every time I read about Metal Camp tears well up. :loco:

The seed was planted yesterday; however, lurch is so potent that the baby only needs 2/3rds the amount of time to develop into a fully 3 foot tall human being at birth.

ok, i'll take that hit right now ... :erk:

but it was almost true ... into the 6th week went for an ultrasound and the lady with the probe calls me over and goes: "see that thing?" ... I am thinking ... YES... its the dick ...
She goes ... "it's the little heart beating" ... coolest and weirdest feeling at the same time :kickass:

Hang in there, Ass Magnet, they'll move out.................................in fifteen years

but it was almost true ... into the 6th week went for an ultrasound and the lady with the probe calls me over and goes: "see that thing?" ... I am thinking ... YES... its the dick ...
She goes ... "it's the little heart beating" ... coolest and weirdest feeling at the same time :kickass:

That's awesome, man. Good to hear that you were able to be there for that. It's one of the coolest things ever.

During both of our pregnancies the medical staff would comment on how attentive I was and how nice it was that I was there for all of the appointments. I was kind of like...what?! You mean there are dudes that don't come to these?! I simply can't fathom that.

I went to all the ones I could. Many of them are during the day and most guys work so....
But yeah, there are guys who dont even go to the birth. :erk:

Btw, birthing classes are waste. My wife planned on having a natural birth and all that shit and ended up having an emergency C-section. haha I felt so sorry for her

@AM thanks dude! ... yeah there are a lot of women at these centers that show up solo ... and they look at you as a man in the waiting room as prime rib, especially if you are attentive to your woman.

lurch, you sound like a good guy (not just itt), congratulations and good luck!
hope you're prepared to sacrifice the next 18 (at least) years of your life

Hey Aurel, that's amazing. Well done. I assume you guys are thrilled? I'm planning on getting buzzed tonight watching the Ricky Hatton fight, so I shall have a chalice of rioja in your honor.

OK so lots of things to respond to in this thread....

1. The wife. A goddamn angel. So as a wife and a mother, she's phenomenal. She takes care of both kids while I'm at work, handles all the bills etc for the house, and cooks fantastic meals. It's like living in a restaurant sometimes. She even plans the meals for the week and writes up the menu in the kitchen for the whole week.

2. Heather's also a great friend. This means we can just hang out like buddies. We like the same movies, sports, food, and so on. She totally sees how much I like my music and is more than happy for me to take off for a week and go see ProgPower, Heathen Crusade, Metal Camp, etc. with my mates. She absolutely sees the need for guys to hang out with other guys.

3. I go to work everyday. As Brandon mentioned, I have a 1 hour commute each way (sometimes more) and my iPOD is a GODSEND. Basically, I listen to 2 full albums per day. To add, I have a CD player in the bathroom, so as I get ready each morning, I listen to a CD. So in total, I can listen to 3 albums per day.

4. The kids. We have two now (Chloe, 5 and Sebastian, 3). Just today we spent the afternoon at the local library watching some musician singing kids songs, and then we played educational games on the PC. Of course, we took a stack of books out too. Anyway, I digress, but I spend as much time as I can with my family on the weekends, and I get to eat dinner and read bedtime stories with the kids each night before they go to bed.

5. So in summary, I earn the $$, my wife takes care of the house and kids, I spend evenings and weekends with kids, and each night, after the kids go to bed, the wife and I mostly watch a TV show or 2. On occasion we watch a movie but it's after the kids go to sleep. My kids go to sleep at 8:30pm each night.

One quick thing -- it gets a little easier once they're in pre-school or kindergarten. In other words, as they get older, they're less dependent on you so you get some of your own life back. On the flipside, because they're older, they get to appreciate things that you can be involved in -- like trips to the library, museum, movie theater (I see all the kids films, heh), and so on. Of course, family holidays might include trips to Sea World (which we did a couple of years ago) and again, as they get older, then trips to Europe to show them Rome, Paris, London, Barcelona, etc.

Both kids will also hold dual nationality so they'll have no problem traveling around the EU.

Yeah, epic post which shows a lot of respect for the ol' lady!

Now all we need is for her to make one of her bi-annual appearances and return the favour :loco:

Now all we need is for her to make one of her bi-annual appearances and return the favour :loco:

:wave:

JayK asked me to post the pics since I have all of them...

HPIM0330.jpg
Abidi-family.jpg