what do you do when you listen to music?

i am either...
1) working out
2) diddling around on the net
3) driving
4) laying around doing nothing

options 1 and 3 don't take up enough time in the day. options 2 and 4 are boring as hell. what the hell else is there to do when listening to music (i.e. when you are otherwise busy/doing something else)?

please avoid the obvious answers like: get high! or get drunk! or beat off!

I basically listen to music almost entirely while driving, or diddling around on the computer. Though lately I've been cranking the thrash during cleaning. It's amazing how fucking dirty an 1100 square foot apartment can get in 1 week!

nearly 100% driving/computer/going to bed.... rarely, if ever, do any of those things without music.

do you listen to music when going to sleep? if not then that would be the most obvious next choice for you. i tend to listen to post-rock or something ambient/atmospheric when i do.... ive gotten to the point where i literally CANT get in bed without my cd player

While driving and at work take up my music listening time, but honestly doing anything while listening to music is a complete distraction. Ideally I like to sit on my couch with the lights off and my headphones cranked, but I don't get that opportunity often enough (or allow myself to have it, rather).

I used to HAVE to fall asleep listening to music, otherwise I'd be up all night. Now I just don't sleep. :loco:

I could never study or read while listening to music with vocals, but anything else was okay.

SunlapseVertigo said:
ive gotten to the point where i literally CANT get in bed without my cd player
Amen to that, brother!
I listen to music when I drive, use the computer, read, sleep and so on, too, but I generally don't really count that. Music is at its best when listened to properly, which means under fitting circumstances and not tinkering with anything else except maybe the booklet to the cd or somethnig (though even that can be a bit distracting sometimes)

Actually, what I listen to, is very specific to what I'm doing:

Lifting Weights - Death Metal, Black Metal, some heavier Power Metal.

Driving - Power Metal, Prog Metal

Relaxing - Jazz and Blues.

Zod

My favorite music to listen to while driving is brutal death, but it gets me in trouble with The Man because I start driving too fast.

Mine too... hehehe...

I pretty much listen to music constantly - while working in the office, whilst walking to and from anywhere further away than fifty feet from my house, while nodding off to sleep, on the bus... from an activity point of view, I usually jam along with my guitar or throw rock-star shapes from my bedroom window (much to the bemusement of the people on the other side of the street).

You people do nothing but: Driving, working out, working in a small office doing nothing.
I always drive fast as fvck and some people get annoyed by that, damn wusses I ahte them.I get pissed off at people in front of me not driving fast enough, too. I pushed the SAAB to 210 km/h yesterday, that's a new record.

Sorath said:
I pushed the SAAB to 210 km/h yesterday, that's a new record.
That's pretty fast dude, kickass. Just don't kill anyone. I might be buying a Subaru WRX next week, I'll let you know when I hit 150 mph (just over 241 km/h).

Fastest I've gone is 105mph, only because my fucking modern truck has a speed limiter in it. Boo to safety! Boo I say!