Attn: Lars

Animal

Nov 18, 2003
Dark side of the moon
Visit site
A few months ago I asked what bands you sang in and you mentioned Honcho.
Fast forward a few months (and cursing Australia post) I finally get to hear this glorious cd, and all I can say is wow. Thank you my friend this is beautiful.
Now listening to "silly" and that voice send shivers down my spine.
Just one question, your voice sounds clearer on honcho compared to Winds, (not that i dont like winds" is this down to different production or is it easier singing Stoner compared to Winds.
Thanyou once again

Well, nice that you liked it!
I use different singing techiques with different productions, all depending on what style or mood I want to put across. As you can probably hear, I also have a much cleaner and "sharper" voice on "Reflections..." than on "The Imaginary..." and a much more mellow approach on "Of Entity..."
I like to use the whole spectre of my voice, but, of course, I can't do everything on one production.

I'm not doing much at the time.
Right now I'm waiting for some files so I can get started with the string arrangement of the upcoming Winds album.

And I've been playing here and there with Before the Dawn lately. We actually played in Turku (Palatsi) on Thursday 15. Sept.

Morran said:
What are you doing in Jyväskylä... if you don´t mind answering.

Lars lives in Jyväskylä now, in case you didn't know. So the band that once started with 4 guys in Norway now has memebers in Finland, Norway and USA.

Part of the reason why doing live shows and rehearsing is such a challenge for us.

Regards,
Andy

Lars Eric Si said:
I'm not doing much at the time.
Right now I'm waiting for some files so I can get started with the string arrangement of the upcoming Winds album.

And I've been playing here and there with Before the Dawn lately. We actually played in Turku (Palatsi) on Thursday 15. Sept.
From beforethedawn.com: 05-12-2005 Turku, Downtown

Apparently you are playing here again in the near future. I might check your band out.

david411 said:
is carl in the US now? studying in LA im assuming....

Hi there,

Actually Carl completed his studies at GIT in Los Angeles several years ago, and has since returned home to live in Norway. I also used to live in Los Angeles as well, but at a different time than Carl. When Carl was in L.A. I was still back in Norway, and some time after Carl returned is when I moved. We have both left L.A. since then.

I am the one still living in the US, but this time in the upper pacific north-west. I left Norway about 4-5 years ago and Lars left Norway for Finland in 2003. So everyone in our band has been all over the place at some point, except for Jan Axel who is too attached to Norway to ever leave I think.

But for us the distance factor has never been a problem. We have been doing this band for almost 7 years now and have still managed to get together about every other year to do a record. And in a couple of weeks we will be getting together once again to continue working on the new album!

Regards,
Andy

Thats awesome to hear. I always love it when bands get together and work on albums. It means it comes closer to being released :D.

Andy: You say you live in the North-West... Would that happen to be near British Columbia?

AnvilSnake said:
Thats awesome to hear. I always love it when bands get together and work on albums. It means it comes closer to being released :D.

Andy: You say you live in the North-West... Would that happen to be near British Columbia?

Not too far. Just cross the border into the US a bit and you're there.
Washington State, northern part. Vancouver and Seattle are the closest big cities to me.

Andy

Wow, so you're much closer to me than I thought... Not like it really makes a big difference, but its still pretty cool.

Zavut said:
That's pretty interesting, I assumed you all lived in Norway.

Actually a lot of members from Norwegian bands live abroad. Just to name a few:

Lars Eric Si / Winds - Lives in Finland
Cornelius / Solefald - Lives in Italy
Blasphemer / Mayhem - Lives in Portugal
Attilla / Mayhem - Lives in Hungary
Tore Østby / ARK - Lives in France
Vintersorg / Borknagar - Lives in Sweden
Øyvind Hægeland / Spiral Architect (ex. Arcturus) - Lives in Sweden
Alexander Nordgarden / Fleurity - Lives in UK
Andy Winter / Winds - Lives in USA

I'm sure there are more too that I can't think of at the moment.

Andy