attn: nick

i mean there was getting to jam on stage with john petrucci from dream theater which was fun.

or getting to sing Judas Priest's "Electric Eye" with one of the ensembles i led.

or hearing a 13 year old kid in my ensemble who barely fit on a stool when he was sitting jump around on stage while singing "killing in the name of" by rage against the machine, inciting a mosh pit, and then promptly stage diving.

good times. :)

my proudest moment in the ensembles was organizing a blistering cover of Damage Inc. i mean my group nailed it. i wish i could have heard what it sounded like on stage. it was alot of fun and i got to sing on that one too.

yeah the ensembles were a part of the classes. you took classes during the day and at night your major class(i.e. rock 1 extreme, rock 2 modern, jazz 1, etc.) would meet and my job was to help them organize a song to play at a concert at the end of the week.

so you're sort of like the hannibal lecter of guitar god-ism, in that you are now spawning others to populate your pantheon and flit amongst the non-instrumentalists.

i would like to think i made a lasting impact on them but that could be perceived as being full of myself. i just tried to make sure they learned something and learned in a fun way so that they would advance themselves when they left the camp. i just gave them a push over the cliff as it were.

they did for awhile. i don't really hear much from them anymore but for a while a bunch of kids even ones who i didn't teach but who were in the dorm i had to kind of be an RA in kept in touch for awhile. i think i was considered a "cool" staff member/teacher by the kids.

ah, so it was a dorm situation. i guess that explains the night/bar referencing. guitar school for vampires.

there's some professorial-types i wish i had kept in touch with, but back when i was paying for school i didn't have the foresight to think of that. and e-mail or whatnot wasn't as prevalent then.

i bet these dude/ttes will feel the same way.

the only person i keep in regular contact with from school was my guitar teacher. although i ran into one of my favorite english professors at my friend's wedding and i got to tell how much i really enjoyed his class my senior year and that was fun.