Attn: WoW Players

i try not to get into any MMORPG's cause i start to play it so much, that i do nothing else BUT play MMORPG's. I just don't have all that time i use to have anymore. I Practice guitar, work. Play Halo 2 online and sleep...i use to play those games religiously, and i swore to myself i wouldn't have that happen agian. Oblivion has me by the feet, but im slowley backing up cause i already racked up over 60 hours within the 1st week of having it.

^^ holy shit that's a lot. You should step back from MMO.

In my case I used to play an average of 2 hours a day. It slowly faded to 0 hours a day, these games can get pretty fucking boring and frustrating. Oblivion though, is a masterpiece.

for 80 bucks you can get an ATI VG-AT 9600XT 256MB, which will run everything and more..

www.pricewatch.com

they have everything, for a reasonable price.

I always forget about Pricewatch. Now on my next paycheck I might be able to get that.

Though I'm still hoping to get that new top of the line laptop to replace this giant thing. I'm tired of dealing with it's bulk.

Play the games for as long as you want, as long as it doesn't intrude on your normal habits such as work, fun, concerts, playing music, etc. If you can play 100 hours a week and maintain everything and are HAPPY, what's the problem? I guess going out and getting shitfaced and passing out in a puddle of your own vomit is MUCH more productive than playing a few more hours a week with your favorite video game. Whatthefuckever.

Making fun of someone for playing a specific type of game is the gayest thing I've ever heard. It just shows that elitists in music don't just stop there; they're elitists in all facets of their lives. Fuck them. You don't need the opinion of someone who so vehemently rails against something so trivial. They're the ones who need to get laid, not you.

Play the games for as long as you want, as long as it doesn't intrude on your normal habits such as work, fun, concerts, playing music, etc. If you can play 100 hours a week and maintain everything and are HAPPY, what's the problem? I guess going out and getting shitfaced and passing out in a puddle of your own vomit is MUCH more productive than playing a few more hours a week with your favorite video game. Whatthefuckever.

Making fun of someone for playing a specific type of game is the gayest thing I've ever heard. It just shows that elitists in music don't just stop there; they're elitists in all facets of their lives. Fuck them. You don't need the opinion of someone who so vehemently rails against something so trivial. They're the ones who need to get laid, not you.

in short, mmo's are boring

^ Thank you, couldn't of said it any better myself.

Ok, I know some people don't like those types of games, and that's fine...they can ridicule them all they want. What I don't understand is someone who plays, say, Final Fantasy or Doom or Quake or Half Life or Halo or any other video game just as much or more than an MMORPG, only to throw shit at WoW. It's like, "HAHA!!! YOU'RE A DORK BECUASE YOU PLAY RPGS!!! BE A MAN AND PLAY RTS OR FPS!!!!"

That's like two nerds making fun of each other's pocket protectors. They cancel each other out.

Again, if someone hates that type of game, let them rag on it all they want. I can't stand all those fucking sports game freaks who play the same game over and over, only to buy a new one every year that doesn't change anything but stats. That's idiocy, IMO. But that's my opinion of the game, not the gamer.

I'm a huge gamer....i've put countless hours into games...and a lot of money. TONS of money. If im not playing guitar or working i'm playing a video game. I can sit for hours and not move, what ill do is ill get my drink and food and cigs and booze, sit it around my couch so i don't have to move, and game allll day and alllll night.

me and my friend go online and we halo alll day, my gf gets pissed.

but i need my fix!!!!

I'm a huge gamer....i've put countless hours into games...and a lot of money. TONS of money. If im not playing guitar or working i'm playing a video game. I can sit for hours and not move, what ill do is ill get my drink and food and cigs and booze, sit it around my couch so i don't have to move, and game allll day and alllll night.

me and my friend go online and we halo alll day, my gf gets pissed.

im a gamer, but not THAT bad, ive been looking for a band to keep me occupied than games untill i upgrade my memory so the damn games im playing will run smoothly especially lotro and Company Of Heroes.

Ok, I know some people don't like those types of games, and that's fine...they can ridicule them all they want. What I don't understand is someone who plays, say, Final Fantasy or Doom or Quake or Half Life or Halo or any other video game just as much or more than an MMORPG, only to throw shit at WoW. It's like, "HAHA!!! YOU'RE A DORK BECUASE YOU PLAY RPGS!!! BE A MAN AND PLAY RTS OR FPS!!!!"

That's like two nerds making fun of each other's pocket protectors. They cancel each other out.

Again, if someone hates that type of game, let them rag on it all they want. I can't stand all those fucking sports game freaks who play the same game over and over, only to buy a new one every year that doesn't change anything but stats. That's idiocy, IMO. But that's my opinion of the game, not the gamer.

why are all your posts so long?

how about this.. IMHO mmo's are boring, i like games with constant action and excitement. Care to dissagree with an oppinion?

Yeah I know the place. I lived in Everett actually, fairly close to Seattle. Ehh it's probably been atleast 5-7 years.

Good thing you moved when you did. Everett has a bunch of huge construction projects going right now. I was offered a job with building part of the new additions to I-5. But that area's too chaotic for me. Plus ever since the outlet mall went into Marysville it's only added to the area's traffic troubles.

OT portion:
I think I may have to go looking for new video cards today so I can get to Oblivion. A few days have been spent on WoW and I'm just not impressed, but as much as I played Morrowind, I know I'll love Oblivion.

Maybe I'll go buy some scratch tickets and hope to hit $100. And then I'll buy a bottle of 12 year scotch with it and then any game will be fun!

why are all your posts so long?

how about this.. IMHO mmo's are boring, i like games with constant action and excitement. Care to dissagree with an oppinion?

I'm a loser, that's why my posts are so long, :loco:.

I agree with your opinion. WoW is the only one that interests me, however, because it's somewhat fast in comparison to the others and the world is simply gigantic. I'm a huge Morrowind fan, though.

id rather play an RPG than an MMO.

and i like small online games, im not a fan of games like battlefield were theres a huge map that takes you 15 minutes to get from your base the the enemy.

not if you jump out of a plane :p battlefield was only fun for me if i was flying the dog fights in that game are fuckin awsome even in BF2.

i play Diablo and Diablo 2 on and off because its so fast i deffinitly like the fast paced RPG more than MMO's but it's so hard to find a good one :err:

Man, I love WoW but it was always really hard for me to get anything done in that fucking game. Killing 47 bears to collect 7 pieces of hardened shit is not my idea of a good time. So instead of doing that, I'd take all my character's clothes off and run around Ironforge so people would send me whispers saying, "omg ur such a hore." Or I would buy stupid pink outfits and duel someone 10 levels lower than me, just so they could tell me that warlocks are overpowered.

So, I don't know what to tell you. Once you get past the fun part of starting a new character, it all goes downhill. I'm impatient and I like to actually have fun while playing a video game. Instances can be fun, as can some group quests you'll have to do, but grinding out money and/or gear bores the shit out of me. Maybe that's why I haven't made it past level 60 yet. :zombie:

What level are you now?

dorkcraft.jpg

the fun thing with WoW is that my brother, my brother in law, my friend and I all stopped playing soon after reaching lvl 70. We figured this game just gets boring as soon as you reach end game content, because its just one big grind.

Perhaps it is not available in N.America (although I'd find it hard to believe) but you can buy trial versions of the game (it activates the full game for 14 days) for around £1.49, which is maybe $3, in video games and DVD stores here.

I'm not remotely interested in it, but some of my flatmates are ardent players and I know they both got hooked on the trial version. Helpful way to tell if you'll like the game or not.