Audiogalaxy Group

Fleischwolf

Carnis Lupus
Jan 5, 2002
Österreich - Austria
Visit site
i just wanted to post again, that all UM bord members are invited to join my group "Nudel"(rather silly name, but i didn't intend to use it as an UM Group in the first place)! there you can send MP3 to other members and post on the group message board! the more people join, the more songs we get to share with each other!:D :) :D :)

Yes!!! Everybody, join now!!! :eek:)))

But, I know Morgana will not be able to,
she told me her audiogalaxy just won't work,
no matter how many times she tries :eek:(

But, the more the merrier :eek:)

It'll be cool seeing you there Soulburner!

now, hehe, for all those scared of audiogalaxy because of the spyware, here is a spywarefree version: http://spywarefreeag.ods.org/agsatellite/spywarefree.html ! now everyone download this stuff and join my group "nudel"! there we can exchange our favorite songs and music!

p.s.: about this petition! i've heard rumours that it was set up by the riaa to use it against AG in court for to show how many download illegal copyrightrestricted matierial from it! however i do not know that for shure!

Places like Audiogalaxy are the artifacts that make you now and then considering leaving the music business, fuck... I work 24 h with composing and still can't even go to the pub for a beer, at the end sadly everything comes down to money...and music don't give me any...so just releasing album after album really tear you to pieces....just imagine yourself working the whole month and at the end of the month your boss/company refuse to pay you for all that work...Mankind is truly heading for downfall!!!!!!

mr V

Originally posted by Vintersorg
Places like Audiogalaxy are the artifacts that make you now and then considering leaving the music business, fuck... I work 24 h with composing and still can't even go to the pub for a beer, at the end sadly everything comes down to money...and music don't give me any...so just releasing album after album really tear you to pieces....just imagine yourself working the whole month and at the end of the month your boss/company refuse to pay you for all that work...Mankind is truly heading for downfall!!!!!!

mr V

That Sucks

hehe, ok i just can speak for myself, but i have all your albums and i will buy the new one too! but i surely wouldn't even know about you, if there weren't places like audiogalaxy! and those songs from artists i have only on mp3 i never would have bought on cd! before filesharingprogramms labels beckoned fans to buy best of albums with songs they allready have, just because of one new one! now pulling money out of people is harder for them! i'm just checking out artists all the time! that are bands like you, you can't just go and listen to in your lokal cdstore(at least where i live), and if i like them i consider buying their albums! by the way, i'd like to know, did your sales actually drop when filesharing came into being?i am a student and don't have that much money anyways! i didn't say "let's all join my group and excnange music so we don't ever have to buy a cd again" but i want people to send me the songs they like and the other way round! through that way i got to know artists i never would have even heard of! i wish you all success and looking forward to your new ablum!

Had such kind of discussion yesterday, too, V... concerning our society, capitalism, and over all the fact that so many are complaining, but that so many are merely standing by and shrugging away so that there really nothing can be done to alter it. And as if the mighty people of this world would like this world to change. :mad:

Who says we need money to exist? It's just something we're too much used to diue to centuries we've lived with it... time to get rid of some dull broken old values, I'd say.

Still, sad to hear it's hard for you to cope with all this, but, you manage it, somehow, right? And is there something more important than knowing that there are people, fans, standing behind you, agreeing with your thoughts? It might not fill a mug of beer, but is much more satisfying than the view cast on the monthly loan check (imo). Currently I am working my hands bloody for a loan that allows me to survive on the lowest level of existence, but I manage to live with it :)

Maybe mankind isn't heading for a donwfall, just one huge revolution... it cannot be ever like a small revolution making things for the moment better and then let them deteriorate again until another revolution is necessary, if that's the case, THEN we are unitelligent, inferior - and not surpreme... but we have the ability to change this, just sad we're merely getting chances to do so... maybe there will come a better time, I hope so at least :cry:

Of course its all in the hands and heads of man to change what we've become....but what we are now are a shame for cosmos, I mean we're just like the cavemens just with a smoother sophistry, it's like eat or be eaten, kill or be killed...etc

That's why I have a hard time with society corruption, and all those who are riding on others ability, artistry, intellectuality....just keeps the circle going.

To be totally honest(as I always am)I can't survive just doing music, so now I'm going into the normal work field, but then time for my true passion will drastically be limited, if everything worked as it should, I could go on composing.......

mr V

Mr V:
Actually, I believe things like Audiogalaxy is doing more good to musicians today than it's doing harm. I would never had even gotten a chance to listen to your work at all, if not for someone sending me a few MP3's, wanting me to listen to it. And the same is the case for most of my friends who're buying your albums. I myself am ery seldomly found buying records, I've bought all you've released, but I wouldn't have done that without getting to listen to a few songs first.
I'm just saying that you shouldn't be so harsh on these networks. Without download services like ie. Audiogalaxy, my CD collection would have been about 1\3 the size it is now.

Yes, if i find songs I like on D/L, I buy the album...while I know not all are like that, I know many people do the same.....For example I turned 5 or so people on to you through an MP3 I made of Vildemarkens Folletrande Stammor (excuse my spelling, I don't have the CD right in front of me :))

Note: which isn't to say that I don't think that there can be drawbacks...I can understand fully why artists are angry, but, like everything, it's a two-sided coin.....There are no-more tape-trading days for metal like in the 80's....everythings done electronically, and, like it or not, it's here to stay...the way the people in the underground trade new bands is no longer by mail, but by MP3.....just something to consider....

i have to agree with Mr.V....in my opinion if you truley like what you hear composed by an artist then thats all the more reason to go get the second or third or whatever album.....to me it breaks the anticipation of the next album release if you hear a few songs first...word of mouth is still just as an effective way to spread an artist as an mp3....;)

I dont even think I would know Vintersorg if it wasnt for the internet with mp3 downloading.. Of course I buy the things I download if I like them.. Else I delete it. I dont see a problem with this.. but if ppl dont buy thats a problem..

For artists who doesen't have the capital to go out advertising, and promoting themselves, the internet with MP3 is a good hing. That's my opinion, based on my own experiences.

MP3 technology is truely a double edged sword.

I had a very eloquent argument that MP3s are more harmful than good but we cannot do anything about it. But I'm not motivated enough to write it up.

While, yes, there are many morally upright folk like ourselves that go and purchase the albums after we download them, there are even more that don't. And, yes, file sharing does allow us learn of bands we never would have, it's be beautiful if the technology existed to allow you to listen to a sample 5 times or so, but not more. But such technology will NEVER be possible because there are a lot of real smart people that can always crack that technology to give you infinite use from that file.

So, while, yes, I am a user of audiogalaxy, I rarely listen to what I download (no more than a couple times per track), I have only ONCE placed tracks on there that weren't there to begin with. I don't quite scorn the practice of sharing the music, I am quite unhappy with it, even if I have learned of a couple bands through it.

I have more to say, but, like I said above, I'm not motivated enough to continue. Lousy ennui.

Mr. V.: I see you share a great deal of my view about society as well (as I bet many here do, too! - Your music brings together people of similar ways of thinking :) )

Wish you good luck when you try to find work... it's becoming a chain on the foot, and that's sad. Modern slavery, well disguised and made tasting sweet :/ Anyway, wish you will be able to push on!

As for audiogalaxy: I'd call myself guilty, too, as I send Vintersorg and Otyg songs to at least 30 people or so (by intention) to share some good music... so far, only 15 of them or so bought Vintersorg albums, tho ;) But everyone loved the music, so I must say the advertising effect is really a good deal, wouldn't you agree? And I guess I will continue doing this, so more people will be able to find out about Vintersorg, and about other Pagan and Viking Metal as well! Time will tell if it'll do you any good or bad, I'd say. Sorry for the losses I may cause tho.

OH and... *hands Mr. V a beer* A man who cannot afford a beer and gives his last shirt for the music, that mand deserves a beer!!!!

NB NB NB!!! LONG POST!!!!! NB NB NB!!! >:eek:) hehe....

- Got into bands listening to the radio, when I got the internet a
whole new world opened up. In short terms; I buy four times as
many cds now as I did before I started downloading music.

- Recordcompanies will not sell their paperdolls, cause people will
go for quality. Songs that last for two weeks will not be important
anymore. Who wants to pay for a whole album with only ONE
good song?

- There is a system developed, you pay the prize of one cd per
month and get access to all the music you can dream of! But who
wants streaming mp3s? When you pay for something you want
to OWN it. And the sound quality is shite!!

- The more you try to stop the filesharing etc, the more you work
against it, the more the “bad guys” will work to ruin what you
build up. It will always be like this. Not cause they REALLY
want to share files, but for the hell of it. “How long will it take me
to crack this?”

- Metal is underground, face it. You won’t get rich playing
alternative stuff.

- Think about the promotion you get through filesharing!
Someone personally recommended a song/album to a friend saying
“This is the best music I’ve heard for a really long time, check it out!!”
There is no other way you can get that! That’s what all people who
wants to sell you something do, but it’s not personal enough,
you have to trust the person as well to want to buy something!

- AVAILABILITY! We have a metalstore here in Oslo, and I can’t find
all my fav stuff here, though I can order it. But then I must KNOW
about the music first, and how am I supposed to KNOW about it if
I haven’t listened to it first?

As said before, it’s underground; hard to get.