Aurora Borealis make entire discography available for FREE!!

and there goes germany's reputation again. <Arcane> that was pretty weak :/

1. Hip Hop is isnt "not good music"
2.I doubt that "crack-my pals" are the mainstream people he's talkign about :p
3.My usual blahblahblah about crack-fiends-not-only-being-black-people-but-who-cares-about-that. (seems to depend on your location again :D the (crack)bums in Berlin are almost always white people who smoke crack in the subway and pass out :lol: )
4.I'm a bit (i.e very) sensitive when it comes to generalisation and racism

3.My usual blahblahblah about crack-fiends-not-only-being-black-people-but-who-cares-about-that. (seems to depend on your location again :D the (crack)bums in Berlin are almost always white people who smoke crack in the subway and pass out :lol: )

S, i agree with you to some extent but do you really feel Iron Maiden were mainstream?

They pretty much were 'Mainstream Metal' at the time.

In England yeah they were mainstream. Every one around at the time could name you their songs. Who didn't know Number of the Beast & Run to the Hills?

Sadly they were neglected by radio in the following years so people forgot about them and their songs rather quickly but they were still very popular in the underground.

Not sure how it was in the USA for them.

You may not consider the HR bands of the 80's as Metal but if you picked up any Metal mag back then or went into any record store they were classed as Metal till ~ the 90's.

You surely remember Motley Crue's 'Looks that Kill' video, that was very Metal back then.

This clip was basically what started off MTV in the USA.

s

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thing I might add, back then there definitely were guys who were not into this 'Heavy Metal' at all, they were elitist and if you asked them what they listened to many would just say Thrash, it was almost a separate genre like Punk. They didn't associate themselves much with the Metal crowd of the day as they considered themselves underground.

s

1. is or isn't? was denn nu?
2. He was talking about people in general and I just wanted to point a typical non-metal group. It isn't racist when I say "full of" because I was not talking about black people in general but that there are tons of crack-my pals is not a lie, it's a fact.

:lol: fail, of course was I was saying that it aint bad (depends on the artist like in any other genre)

S, all valid points that I cannot argue too much with.

What I can say is Where I lived even at maiden's peak no one around here (Minus the metal kids) could name one maiden song. As far as the Motley Crues of the world, when I used to go into record stores they had those old Hair bands under, Hard Rock, or Glam metal. Then they had a separate Thrash section. (Tower Records) and I really must agree with the categories. When I listen to most of those style bands I still to this day think they are not metal. Motley Crues first record maybe, also a few other bands but Not too many. Anyway great points you bring up.

S, all valid points that I cannot argue too much with.

What I can say is Where I lived even at maiden's peak no one around here (Minus the metal kids) could name one maiden song. As far as the Motley Crues of the world, when I used to go into record stores they had those old Hair bands under, Hard Rock, or Glam metal. Then they had a separate Thrash section. (Tower Records) and I really must agree with the categories. When I listen to most of those style bands I still to this day think they are not metal. Motley Crues first record maybe, also a few other bands but Not too many. Anyway great points you bring up.

Is this culture-, Lifestyle-, genre defining thing really that important to you guys?:D

Not so much, but I do not really agree or like the way society is at least here in the states. So in a very, very small way it does matter a tiny bit. Maybe if I lived where some of you live it would not matter at all. The "Mainstream" society where I live just sucks.

I would not want to be the complete opposite either however some of the "Metal" people here are total morons as well. I am not sure who is worse sometimes the dumb ass metal kids flaunting hatred and satanism and trying to go over the top to separate themselves, and are totally just faking, or or the hip hop kids wanting to be gangsters and faking.

See in the studio i deal with all of them. I have good and bad days with all genres of people. I know my answer to that question is all over the map but it is the truth.

I am not sure who is worse sometimes the dumb ass metal kids flaunting hatred and satanism and trying to go over the top to separate themselves, and are totally just faking, or or the hip hop kids wanting to be gangsters and faking.

All cliques are the same thing

edit: just rappers get more pussy.