Australian tour

Just poked around the Corner's website... this is their ticketing policy:

Due to the absurdly high booking fees charged by ticket agencies we decided to set up our own ticketing system.
Booking fees to the public are $2 per ticket.

We sell tickets in the front bar.
Opening times are:
Tues - Thurs : 4pm - late.
Fri - Sat : 2pm - late.
Sun : 3 - 11pm.

For online bookings, visit the Bookings page.

We also operate our own box office for over the phone credit card transactions on 9427 9198.

The box office is open weekdays between 11am - 6pm and an answering machine records calls 24 hours a day. All messages are returned during office hours or on the next working day. Tickets purchased over the phone by credit card will be sent by post. If the transaction is within a week of the show tickets can be collected at the door.

We also occasionally use local record stores as additional outlets. See gig guide on this site for details.
So we might be able to start scoring tickets as early as NOW, depending on how early they put them on sale.

EDIT: Their Bookings page only has dates up to the end of March... so I think we have to wait another couple of weeks.

the metro site is www.metrotheatre.com.au i think. just go on google and search for metro theatre if im wrong. i rang em up yesterday and they had no idea about anything, but they had this big message at the beginning going on about how "unless otherwise specified, all shows are 18+". im just glad i turned 18 last year :)

i still haven't been able to call the damn arena and check if it IS 18+, i think if it is my best bet is to hang out outisde and wait till the band is walking in then pick up an amp and start walking along with the crowd :D

Originally posted by maximilian
i still haven't been able to call the damn arena and check if it IS 18+, i think if it is my best bet is to hang out outisde and wait till the band is walking in then pick up an amp and start walking along with the crowd :D

haha that's a great idea.

Think I might dress in drag and pretend to be a groupie :p.

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breezebane :D

i heard somewhere there could be all ages at the metro
but if this isnt the case anyone got advice for getting/making a fake ID?? i dont know anyone older that looks like me

Thanks for deciding to come to Adelaide, you could have so easily overlooked us like many do.

Any idea where I get the tickets? Unibar is an extremely small venue, in fact it is actually a very poor choice, i woulda gone for Le Rox myself.

I rang the Corner today, asked when Opeth tickets would be on sale and the guy was like "Shit... i've got a few people here right now asking exactly the same thing!"... he wasn't sure but thinks tickets will be on sale next week sometime. He didn't know who the supports were.

Seems like forever!! I'm sure its worth the wait!! it'll be so fucking awesome to finaly see one of my favourite bands play live! *moshes*

I didn't know there were so many supporters around 17/18 age group. Its so hard to find normal people that like decent music these days (is for me anyway)

Well i can't see the dates on the opeth site, but i don't think that matters at the moment. They are coming! I don't give a fuck if it's over-age or not, i'll see them.
I'll cry like a baby until i get in or i'll find a way in some other entrance (wether it's meant to be an entrance or not) or SOMETHING! Still, it would be a lot easier if it was an all-ages show.

You'd think they would be allowed to have some kinda ID process, like stamping people old enuff to drink etc.

Or by allowing guardians to go with younger peeps.

I dunno, but its fucking stupid.

Originally posted by Moonlapse
I have a feeling it will be... where is 'The Corner' anyway? Has anyone in Melbourne been there/heard of it? If its a small club I'm gonna assume that the show is gonna be 18+... althougn Opeth may have the courtesy to their fans (seeing as its their first time here and they wont come back for a while) to make the shows all ages.

As many have mentioned, The Corner Hotel is in Richmond, barely a minute's walk from Richmond train station.

It's not up to the band as to whether they play any 18+ shows or not; they may request it (although not many touring bands do), but in the end it's up to the promoter to decide whether there's going to be any all-ages/underage shows. It's difficult to convince a place like The Corner to put on an underage gig, as most of their profit from live gigs comes from alcohol, which just wouldn't be the case at an underage gig. And nowadays it's hard to find other venues willing to do all-ages gigs (can't do all-ages gigs in licensed venues anymore), and at a lot of these places (halls, whatever) the PA systems are shithouse, unless you're at Festival Hall or something, but that venue is far too big for Opeth.

Maybe the promoters think it just isn't worth the trouble to do an underage gig, maybe they think there aren't many underage fans out there.

Personally I'd much prefer to see Opeth at the Hi-Fi than at The Corner, but fuck, I can't complain.

Tell ya what though, buy a ticket anyway, sometimes The Corner is pretty lax with security, I've managed to get in there when I was underage and I've seen many 16-17 year olds get in there to when they blatantly look their age.

Originally posted by plattopus
Most of the shows will be 18+... by law all licensed premises have to impose age restrictions on musical events unless they withdraw their liquor license for the night.

If this is true, was the QOTSA concert at enmore 18+?? They were selling alc at the bar. I am underage (17) and they didn't look at me and I look about 15/16