13th angel

of wolf and man
Jan 25, 2002
sacramento california
Visit site
o.k.........I need someone to tell me how to shrink a picture down to 100x100 pixells so I can have a "cool" avatar.....I have a scanner but I am new to it so .....not sure what to do....help!!!!!!!!!:loco: o_O :) .......thanks............John

you know, I'm no expert at all! :lol: but I can tell you how I did with mine:
I chose my pic, exported it into a graphic program and adjusted the size. I did with "paint" :oops: for the simple reason that you can preset easily a certain size you want: 100x100 pixels, in this case. (a white field showed the chosen size, then I pasted in my pic and fit it into the white field-size)
saved it as .jpeg file on my hard disc ( .gif is also possible I think, but these have more kb I think :confused: ), then loaded it up on UM :) :)
yeah and try to create an avatar by yourself, it's fun! ;) shouldn't be a problem when you have a scanner; you could create your very own special unique avatar :) what graphic programms do you have? damn, I should really get me a scanner too, finally!

btw, it also works with WordArt :oops: looked nice but I eventually decided to take a pic and "refined" it ;) )

you make it sound so easy..ha ha ha... ..I have some kind of paint program...I will try what you said and see what happens,I think I have a good Idea what you mean.....I like your avatar by the way.........:) :)

hehe.. explaining a graphic program is not a trivial task. but i would not recommend using paint, except when you don't have another choice. -- but well.. i'm kind of a graphics freak. i've done mine on my own. but if you got an idea of how it should look like i can maybe help you a little. since it's not worth the time learning the understanding of capable photoeditors (like GIMP or even photoshop) if you just want to have ONE pic done. so: get a picture scanned and try mailing it to me if you like. than i could just make it fit if you like.

ok ok :) paint isn't for graphic freaks :lol: ;) but when you want to do it quickly without tricky details, it works just fine.

Daniel, you know how to handle PaintShopPro 6? I never figured out the real capability of this program :confused: I have it on my PC but all these color masks and tools or whatever this is, totally confuse me :loco:

thanks for the help everyone:cool: ...daniel....I think I will save some time(and frustration he he) and email you a pic...otherwise it might be a month before I figure out how to do it..ha ha ha....I only know the bare minimum on computers.......where to Email?....thank you!!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :hotjump: