Soul of Ice

Rusted Angel
Jul 29, 2002
Yonkers
Visit site
Im new to this kind of board, and im having trouble getting an avatar. How do you do it? Just find a site with a picture that gives it its own window and put that site for the avatar url?

After saying that any good sites that have some cool album art that can be used as an avatar?

Originally posted by Collapse Generation
Funny, I thought avatar's were disabled...

They're no longer available on the UM server..you have to provide your own now, either on your own webspace or somewhere outside UM.

But I can't proceed to link to my own hosted avatar, when I
click "Change Avatar" in my edit options panel, I just get
a message which says "The administrator has disabled the use
of avatars".

So what's up with this? Anyone care to help me out?

Hmmm, could it be you're getting the old "edit options" page?

Maybe if you go to the "profile" link at the top, and then hold ctrl and click "refresh". Dunno, maybe that might help. 'Cause you should now find a space where you put the URL for your image, rather than the field for uploading one to UM's folder.

Originally posted by Collapse Generation
But I can't proceed to link to my own hosted avatar, when I
click "Change Avatar" in my edit options panel, I just get
a message which says "The administrator has disabled the use
of avatars".

So what's up with this? Anyone care to help me out?

--
New Avatar System! by Mark (July 26th, 2002 until August 26th, 2002)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As promised, avatars are back on a 'You Host It' basis.

If you go to your Edit Profile page, at the bottom you will see a new avatar field. Here you need to put the URL of your hosted avatar.

PLEASE NOTE - it must be 100 x 100 pixels at this time! I'm working on offering different sizes, but that is not going to be available for a while yet... If you need help, feel free to ask on your favourite forum, or post in the HELP forum on the main page.

The recent changes have already helped a great deal with our bandwidth problems, and I hope any small inconvenience is worth it in the long run.

I appreciate your patience, and thank you for your support

Cheers!
Mark
--
:p

Do you like the band?? I totally am into Armageddon. I just got "Three" the new cd from Chris and the band. Totally melodic metal that kicks ass!! Just curious if you ever heard them?

Bear

heh would be cool to put in the Avatar, the cover of the Album you have got recently and is in your play-list :D so we all can see which new Good CD's ppl are listening heh :p (I mean if all ppl would do it.. heh) .. i know theres the now Playing thread, but well anyways... ;)

Originally posted by Demonspell
Of course, otherwise I wouldn't have chosen it (although I do plan to change my avatar often.) Where can I order the new album?

I got the new cd from CD Quest it was like $22.00 with $4.00 shipping, not to bad for a Japanese Import, but still rather pricey.

Bear