Average Age of Australian Gigs?

Face Of Frater

New Metal Member
Apr 27, 2008
Australia
I am fifteen and will be going to the upcoming opeth gig in brisbane and was wondering if there will be any other people around that age.

^Yeah in Melbourne it would surely be over age given it's at the Palace. Far out PT and Opeth in the same venue within a year. The palace used to be called "Metro" and yes hence it's name was not a nice place to be unless you like to wear pink shirts, listen to repetitive crappy techno, drink lolly water and pick up some of those hott chiks lolzz. But yeah, it has certainly changed for the best imo.

one of the reasons im thinking of coming down for melbourne is that i'm not a fan of the sydney venue. how would you rate it when compared to the forum? (which i loved). sound? vantage points?

The sound for PT was fantastic, its almost the same size as the theater that Opeth played in 06 in. Although its shaped differently, it doesn't go as far back, but it has two balcony's which I walked up, but I ended up standing about two people from the front. In terms of sound though, I would rate it fairly even with the forum. What don't you like about Sydney? I haven't been to the Big top.

The sound for PT was fantastic, its almost the same size as the theater that Opeth played in 06 in. Although its shaped differently, it doesn't go as far back, but it has two balcony's which I walked up, but I ended up standing about two people from the front. In terms of sound though, I would rate it fairly even with the forum. What don't you like about Sydney? I haven't been to the Big top.

i mustve been right next to u mate. the sound was really good, i think that next to the forum this is the best place for them to play in melbourne. i was thinking about going to the sydney but if the venue is shit then im not sure. hmm...

sounds pretty cool, will deff consider the melbourne trip. big top to me is just a big cold ugly tin shed, bad sound and lighting, just lacks the grandeur of places like the forum

i mustve been right next to u mate. the sound was really good, i think that next to the forum this is the best place for them to play in melbourne. i was thinking about going to the sydney but if the venue is shit then im not sure. hmm...
Yeah I was about 2-3 ppl from the gate on the left when you come in. I'm also thinking about going to Sydney to see them. The last two tours me and my mate have joked that we should go to Sydney and see Opeth again. It started off kidding around, but when I saw one gig in Melbourne, it made me want to go to travel to see them even more. But likewise, if the venue isn't too good...i dunno. I don't know Sydney really at all so I had to check around, but including airfares, train to luna park and the ticket, plus a taxi back to the airport and any extra expenses, flying light on Jet star it was around $240. Which I thought was pretty good, but if the venues not worth traveling to...hmm as you say.

^ im in the same boat, also considering goin to all the gigs, make a week of it :p But have heard a lot of complaints the sydney venue so readin this... hmm

^far out a week of it would rule. Just bought a house, so not enough cash for a week of following Opeth around haha. I've thought of it though, I reckon if I had more time, cash, some people committed and into Opeth enough to do it I would.

sounds pretty cool, will deff consider the melbourne trip. big top to me is just a big cold ugly tin shed, bad sound and lighting, just lacks the grandeur of places like the forum

Tom, come to Melbourne. The Palace shits on the Shittop. PT sounded great and I had a great spot. It is one venue where you can escape stupid tall fucks.

Remember that story about how there was that whole family at an opeth concert, all the kids and parents in opeth shirts and singing along? Yeah.

That's family values.

I'm 16 and i'll be seeing them in Perth. Only Melbourne isn't AA. Melbs and Perth are usually the only places that are 18+, but i guess i'm lucky this time. Won't have to miss them like i did in 2006!

I was driving by the forum the other day and all the memories just started flooding back. Guess we'll see you at the Palace this time round?

Seems I'll likely have to pay this time, haha...